20 | A Hyde

~~~

~~~

News got out the the mayor passed away and we all went to the funeral. As the funeral ends someone catches Wednesday and mine eyes so she runs off to chase them making me groan following her. We end up catching up to the person and see it was a uncle Fester making us happy to see him.

"How long have you been stalking us?" I ask him was the three of us walk together.

"Just blew into town this morning and was hit by a wave of nostalgia." He tells us.

"I thought you didn't go to Nevermore." Wednesday looks at him.

"I didn't. Your dad got all the brains. But I used to drop in on him. Usually from the ceiling with a dagger clutched between my teeth. Just to keep him in his toes." He tells and we say of course. "He filled me in on what's been going on. Monsters, murder, mayhem. What fun! I told him I had a job in Boston, but I'd be checking up in your two."

"What kind of job?" Wednesday asks.

"The kind that means I need somewhere to lay low for a couple of days." He tells us so they both smile. Wednesday ends up talking him to the beekeeping shed.

"It belongs to a our friend." She tells him as we go in.

"You two actually made a friend. That poor kid will be going home in a body bag." He says and I see Wednesday look slightly sad. "I like a hideout that comes with snacks." He looks at the bees.

"Those bees are hibernating." I tell him.

"They're practically Eugene's children. That means do not eat them!" Wednesday tells him as he tries.

"You know when you give me that death stare of disapproval, you remind me of your mother. Speaking of scary things, you know what kind of monster you're dealing with?" He asks.

"We haven't been able to identify it." I tell him so Wednesday shows him the drawing.

"Ooh. It's called a Hyde." He tell us.

"As in Jekyll and Hyde?" I ask and he nods his head making me think back to when I randomly felt two feeling from it. It was a person who was split. "Excuse me. I gotta go. See you later Uncle Fester." I leave going to Xavier art shed.

"Surprised to see you here." He says as I walk in.

"I'm kinda hoping to have a vision or something from your art of the monster." I walk around looking at the art work.

"About the painting"

I cut him off, "Xavier, it's fine. I just felt vulnerable because you've seen me with my walls down slightly when go out to draw." I tell him.

"How would you get a vision for my art work?" He goes back to why I was here.

"I don't know but I need something." I huff.