23 | It's Him

~~~

~~~

After everything I gave up on what Wednesday was up to and just stayed with Enid hoping to get the image of Dr. Kinbott out of my head. I helped her move everything back into her room with Wednesday since she wanted to go back.

"Why are you with me instead of your boyfriend? I'm sure he would distract you so much better?" Enid says looking at her nails laying in her stomach.

"He's not my boyfriend." I look over at her.

"You want him to be." She looks back at me with a smile.

"Maybe." I say making her sit up and turn to face me,

"You two would be so cute as an official couple. His  Golden Retriever energy with you're a Black Cat energy." She says making me laugh agreeing with that. "Where's Wednesday?"

"Probably going to accuse Xavier now." I say as her phone goes off so she reads it.

"Val... Xavier was arrested for the murders. They found Rowan's and Kinbott's belongings in his possession." Enid looks at me sadly.

"What?" I get off her bed rushing to find Wednesday and see the police lights so I run over. "What the hell?" I ask her.

"He had Rowan's glasses and Kinbott's necklace. Not to me the painted her with claw marks across her face just the same as you saw. I'm sorry but he's the Hyde." She explains to me.

"He could've been set up." I don't believe it. He couldn't be the monster.

"Then explain the painting and don't say he saw it in his dreams. He had nothing to say when I revealed it. He's guilty."

I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what to believe, and my head was killing me with all theses emotions. I slowly back away and go where my feet take me ending up in town to see Tyler.

I walk through the door with tears running down my face because I swore it couldn't have been Xavier. Some one had to set him up since Wednesday was so set on believing it was him.

"We're closed." Tyler says cleaning with his back facing me.

"Tyler..." My voice cracks making him tune to face me quickly.

"Don't cry, please." He walks over pulling me into his chest making more tears come out. "I'm sorry. My dad told me what happened with Xavier. He always seemed so normal. You know, for an outcast." He rubs my back.

"I-I just can't believe it still. I swore he was innocent. I saw him get attacked by his own painting... He wouldn't have done that on purpose would he? I thought... he was someone I could believe in and trust." I rest my head against his chest.

"What can I do to help you?"

"I don't know... This just had to get dumped on top of me dealing with what happened to Kinbott. I thought hanging out with Enid would help distract me and it sorta did because she brought up my calling you my boyfriend." I let out a tiny chuckle.