Chapter 3

Casey's POV

I feel like crap, I thought as i got out of bed. I can't miss school, so i would just have to suck it up. I threw on some sweats and trudged down the steps. I had gym first, this was going to suck. When I got to school I walk right into the gym and laid down.

Derek POV

I walked in and saw Casey sleeping on the floor, I guess she is still sick. I walked over and squatted next to her.

"Hey Casey, you ok?" I asked.

"Mhm" she slowly opened her eyes.

We went to the locker room, Casey walking into the girls locker room. After getting changed I walked out to see Casey laying down on her stomach talking to her friends. She looked really pale and looked like a mess.  The gym teachers started the music which told us to start running, my friends and i were goofing off, getting yelled at in the process. Casey I saw running alone, so i left my friends and ran up next to her.

"Where are your friends" I asked.

"They went to the bathroom" she said in a really low voice.

"Your voice?" i question/stated.

"Yeah this damn cold made me lose my voice" She said with her voice cracking.

"Why did you come to school" I asked.

"Can't miss" she said slowing down.

"you sure your ok?"

"Yeah I'll survive" Then she ran off to her friends.

"Dude you like her" my friend Jake said.

"Nah, just being nice" I said as we finished running.

"Today we are playing soccer, try your best" our gym teacher yelled and threw the ball in the middle and walked off. Everyone started playing having a good time, Casey sprinted to the ball laughing but looked like she soon regretted it. I jogged over to her, she grabbed my arm and held her head.

"You ok?" I asked.

"Yea" she then fell, I caught her and picked her up bridle style.

"Hey, Casey fainted I'm taking her to the nurse" I told the gym teacher, he nodded and wrote me a pass. As i walked down the hall way Casey woke up, "Where am i" she asked.

"I'm taking you to the nurse you passed out" She gave me a shocked look.

"I'm sorry, I've never fainted before" she said in the low voice.

"Your sick its ok" I said smiling at her.

"Your carring me, thank you so much" she said. We got to the nurse, "what happened?" she questioned.

"I passed out Mrs. D" Casey said.

"Casey, are you ok?" she asked.

"She just passed out, she's had a cold for a couple of days" i told her.

"Wow, Casey did you eat this morning" Mrs. D ask while leading me over to the bed to put Casey down.

"No" Casey looked away. I walked out, going to get our stuff. As soon as i came back the nurse walked up to me.

"Thanks, She's fine just a fever and she wouldn't have told anyone, she thinks of everyone but herself. I'll write you a pass" Mrs. D said walking away.

"Hey Casey, I'm going to class feel better" I said and walked out.

Casey's POV

"Thanks" i rolled over and Derek was gone.

"What a nice boyfriend" Mrs. D said giving me some water.

"He's not my boyfriend but he does have a girlfriend" I told her.

"Well I'm sure that's going to change" Mrs. D said leaving the room.

I am so sorry it took so long, but i'm starting to fall in love with this story more and more. Vote/Comment. Thanks!!