Chapter 4- all i got was a lousy t-shirt (Birth Multiverse)

Dream enjoyed early mornings. He was left alone while he did the basic chores of the day and Dream liked to pretend he was free to do what he wanted. The loops (as he liked to call them) had made him rather numb to the world around him. There was only so many times you could be around the same people doing the same thing before you gave up.

Today though he felt a change in the air. Something new was going to happen but he couldn't muster the energy to feel excited. He just continued on in his daily chores while his mind wandered.

There were few good things Dream learned thanks to the loops, one thing was that all beings could physically sense emotions on a low level. He learnt this fact the hard way when he decided to block his emotions from spreading due to his despair making others more irritable towards him.

Now this fact may sound confusing but what you have to realise is monsters and humans in this world radiate their feelings into the world naturally. This doesn't mean they are empaths like Dream, just that it's a part of the cycle of life.

When Dream had blocked his feelings from leaving his body, those around him instinctively reacted to him as if he was unnatural. That cycle had ended earlier than most not surprisingly. He adapted by instead sending a steady pulse of calm feelings which seemed to garner the most favourable reaction. It was also the easiest emotion to maintain which was a bonus.

'I might just start acting out again to try and liven things up again. This village is so dull. Maybe cutting off a limb will be entertaining'. While Dreams' thoughts were self destructive and saddening to think of coming from a child, he had continuously lived for over 1000 years with no break and pitiful kindness. Compounded with such low Hp any mind would eventually start to crack.

-

While Dreamtale might have not been following the original script its Creator wished its continued existence was all by chance. While originally Dream would have been imprisoned in stone for 500 years and later broke free to eventually join the Star Sans and have had many adventures in the various universes, that was no longer possible. The script had deviated too far which caused a domino effect on the rest of the multiverse. This multiverse would be forever changed all due to a slight error in Dreamtale.

With the Dreamtales universe finally reaching a new balance, after repeated RESETS, the boundary that naturally surrounded young universes finally weakened to allow access to outsiders.

This is to say that it shouldn't have been very surprising when an unknown came to the village that had travelled further than Dream had ever currently known existed.

NEW VISITOR DETECTED. CODE OF GuArDiAn Dream of ERROR ReAcHiNg ERROR.

Edge hated the multiverse sometimes. Even having the basic knowledge of what it even was gave him a headache on good days. He just wanted to stay in his world where he knew everyone. Sure most would dust him if given a chance but at least he knew what to expect. As soon as learned Red had been contacted by a being claiming to be the Creator and had been invited to meet up with his counterparts (one sans was enough why have more?!) Edge was feeling drained. Dealing with their way of life was hard enough without adding more variables to it.

Learning he lived in one of the darker universes was one thing he could accept. Having to deal with the so-called Star and Bad sans group was another thing. Both sides had unique characters to them that he sadly had to deal with occasionally.

The bad sanses consisted of the leader Nightmare, who always creeped him out with his goopy appearance and tentacles. His dark presence that seemed to suck the joy of the area around him did not help with his opinion of him.