Chapter 1

*RIIIIIIING*

.

.

.

*RIIIIIING*

.

.

.

*RIIIIING*

.

.

.

*RIIIING*

.

.

.

"Nnnngh.."

You groan as you open your bedroom door and walk over to the kitchen to get the landline.

*RIIIIING*

"Shut uuuuuup..."

You grumble as you pick up the phone and hit the answer button.

You- "What is it?"

"Did I wake you?"

You- "Its 4 am and I don't come in until 11....What do you think?"

The person on the other end clears his throat.

"Right.........Sorry Boss.."

You- "Anyways, what did you need to tell me? I can imagine its important if you have to interrupt my beauty sleep.."

You say as you sit down and take an apple from your fruit bowl.

Taking a bite as you listen to the man on the other end.

"The President wants to hold an urgent meeting at the main office at noon, and he wants all of you to attend."

You- "By 'All of You' do you mean everyone in general or us leads??"

"Leads, boss."

You roll your eyes and sigh.

You- "Well the last time Mel called us for an 'Urgent' meeting, it was to tell us to help sponsor his cat so he can be the next face of the cat food company....So go ahead and attend this meeting for me and tell me how it went."

"As much as I would love to fill in for you, he really needs you to be there.."

You groan.

You- "Great....Its either someone has been getting under his skin or he's forced to do something that he doesn't want to do.."

"You can tell?"

You- "I've known Mel since College, of course I can tell..."

The person on the other end hums.

"Either way, he didn't give us any more details other than the meeting at corporate so don't be late."

You- "Fine...But if its another 'Could've been an E-Mail' meetings then I'm demanding a raise.."

*CLICK*

You put the phone back on the holder as you look out the window while you finish your apple.

The sun is barely poking out over the ocean so you decided to just head back to your room to get some more sleep before the meeting.

Corporate is only 15 minutes from your apartment so getting a few more minutes of shut eye won't hurt anybody.