Chapter 16

((A/N: I still hope I can keep a consistent schedule on the updates 😅))

.

.

.

.

.

After Koko and his men pick up the money from the detective, Kokonoi gets in one car with a fake suitcase and the men carry the money in another.

Both cars drive in different directions just in case they end up being followed.

But after being on the road for a while, the path is as clear as water and soon, they get close to the hideout's secret path.

As they get closer to the trail, Kokonoi couldn't help but take his eyes off his phone to look at the decoy suitcase in the car.

There was nothing in it but he still looks at it.

Almost like something deep inside is bothering him.

Not at the amount of money of course.

He knows that his men won't lie to him about the amount of money.

But he wonders about something else..

Something that he needs to get a closer look at.

Something that he always sees in movies.

At least the ones that almost hit close to reality.

"Is something troubling you sir?"

One of the men sitting in the car with him asks when he notices Kokonoi's side glance at the suitcase.

Kokonoi- "You guys checked for any tracking devices in there, right?"

"Yes sir."

Another speaks up.

Kokonoi- "Because if we get discovered, I'll have you all killed."

They nod.

"We checked thoroughly and found nothing sir."

"You have nothing to worry about sir, we scanned the case to look for any hidden wires and found nothing on it."

Kokonoi hums.

Kokonoi- "I hope you're right about that...Mostly for all of your sake.."

"Of course, but may we ask...Is something bothering you about the suit case?

Kokonoi- "I just don't trust that detective.."

They nod.

"You're not the only one sir."

"But we assure you that we checked the perimeter and found nothing."

Kokonoi- "I just don't think they would go about their way without any hidden tactics."

"You think the detective is lying to you sir?"

Kokonoi- "You can say that...But right now, I just feel like we are walking on thin ice."

"How so?"

Kokonoi- "Just a usual feeling I get whenever we meet with anyone that knows who we are, I feel like we don't keep our guards up as well as we think."

"We can check the suitcase for further examination."

Kokonoi thinks for a while.

He looks at his phone to check the time before sighing.

Kokonoi- "Call the other driver and tell them to take the money to the safe base."

"Yes sir.."