Chapter 1: Arrival

Zoe's POV

I had just gotten off the plane. I am moving to Seattle. I am a songwriter and Los Angeles wasn't working for me in finding inspiration. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough and I was looking in the wrong places. Who knows? I just got a latte from Starbucks. Now it's time to start my journey. BAM! Someone just bumped into me.

"Sorry."
He was a average built guy, around 19 years old. He had amazing blue-grey eyes, the nicest I've ever seen.
"Uhm...are you alright?" He asked.
"Uh, yeah, I'm okay."
Then I realised that the papers I was carrying earlier were everywhere, and my coffee.
"Here, I'll buy you more coffee." He began to pull his wallet out of his pocket.
"No, it's okay." I reply, leaning down to gather my papers, he helped.
"Are you new here?" He asked.
"Yeah, I literally just got here."
"Really?" His voice was more beautiful than the sounds of waves crashing into the beach.
"Yeah." I answered.
"Do you have a place to stay, because if you don't, you could stay at my apartment.
"No, I reserved a space before I moved."
"Is that even possible?"
"I believe it is," I replied.
"Why are you here,anyway?" I was taken aback by his rude-ish tone, but I decided to ignore it.
"I'm a songwriter, here to find inspiration." I said standing straighter.
"Well, guess what," he said, "I'm also a songwriter. I write chord music, terrible at wiring lyrics."
"Is that so?" I said back. "Well, I only write lyrics, never chords."
"Perfect match", he said, smiling.
*****
"Okay." I thought as I approached the beach. "Today I am determined to get work done, since yesterday I met.. Mr. What's-his-face... I was writing my lyrics by the shore when a familiar guy came to me.
"Hey friend!" I realised it was that guy from yesterday.
"Hi?" I said, surprised he was here.
"Why don't you come out to the water so you could meet my friend?" He offered.
"I didn't know you surfed." I said.
"Well, there's lots of things you don't know about me. but you could start to get to know me by meeting my friend."
Next thing I know I'm on a yacht with some guy.
The guy approached me.
"Hi, I'm Shawn."
"Umm, hi Shawn, I'm Zoe. And your friend won't tell me his name."
"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU NEVER ASKED!!" Shawn's friend said, getting back into the water.
"Kyle", Shawn said.
"What?" I asked.
"His name is Kyle."
Shawn and I are the only people on the yacht now, because Kyle is surfing. Brandon and I started talking about life, him, me, Kyle, or whatever popped into our heads that we wanted to know.
"Is this your yacht?" I asked Shawn.
"Actually yeah, my dad bought it."
"Is your dad rich or something?"
"We are from the family who helped invent the Internet."
"Well, that explains," I said, making Shawn and myself laugh.
*****
"Ohh, so this is your apartment." Kyle said.
You know, Zoe", he said, "I want to ask you, would you like to be my girlfriend? Uh, I know it's a bit forward, but I-I like you."