Chapter 8: Choose

Shawn's POV

These last few months with Zoe have been wonderful. I think I love her. All the sign point to it. Whenever she hangs around Matthew, I get jealous. I don't want her to live in the same house as him. I want her to myself. I don't know what she's made out of but she's something special. Kyle loves her, I love her, and I am tell by the way Matthew looks at her, that he's mesmerised by her too. I think it's because she's determined, confident, relaxed, and understanding all in one person. Zoe could handle a lot of my crap and juggle her own. She not even phased at the attention she's getting from being seen with me a lot lately. She's some type of woman.

Zoe's POV
Matthew has been sneaking around. I wonder what he's hiding. He says its for some art show that is very expensive to attend. I told him Shawn wouldn't mind paying for the expenses but he refuses to let me see his work. I keep thinking "he's got s girlfriend". I would die if he did. I'm just his best friend and I've got Kyle, but it's always been me and Matthew for 12 years. But I guess j ruined it by dating Kyle. I feel like my relationship with him is going way too fast for me to even know what's going on.

~Later that night~

Matthew's POV

Tonight's the night in going to tell Zoe everything. I'll tell her what the French word really means. I'll tell her what I've been doing for the art show. I'll even tell her my feelings. Tonight is the showcase for the art. I'll invite her. Tonight she will finally be mine.
I went down the stairs and saw Shawn walking towards Zoe, we were still at home. I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation. They couldn't see me because I was on the stairs and they were in the kitchen.
"Zoe, I know you belong you someone else but I would like to call you mine. 4 months ago when you were on my yacht, I was instantly intruded by your beauty. I thought you could never be mine because you had Kyle." I heard Shawn say.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Shawn was trying to tell Zoe that he loved her. This was my night. I heard Shawn begin to talk again.
"What I'm trying to say is that... Zoe, I love you."
Zoe finally spoke and said,"Shawn I, I..."
"Zoe you can't" I interrupted her. I walk towards them. "Zoe, you can't love him. He doesn't know you, I know you. I'm the one who loves you. The graffiti in my room is your name. The art show is tonight. I was going to take you. My art was inspired by you. It is about you. That's why I reacted so bad when I found out about you and Kyle. I felt that I was losing you. I was losing the only thing I had left. I didn't tell you sooner because I thought I would scare you away. I'm telling you this now because I wanted to tell you to know this before I lose you completely.

Zoe's POV
Matthew said it was always for me. Shawn said he was intrigued by me. Kyle said he loved me. I've never felt like this. It's not a "Oh, I feel so loved" feeling. It feels like I'm being made to choose. I shouldn't have to choose. I didn't fall in love with here people. Actually I didn't fall in love at all. I just fell. I've been falling. Falling to the point where I had nothing left. So I tried to be with Kyle. When he left, he took the little that I had. So that made Shawn be the replacement.
"Zoe" I heard Shawn say, cutting off my thoughts. "You can't love me, Kyle and Matthew all at the same time."
"I only confessed my love to Kyle." I said.
"So you're saying you don't love either me or Shawn?" Matthew questioned.
"I didn't say that."
"Zoe stop playing games and choose." Shawn said harshly.
"Back off and give her some space" Matthew replied concerned.
He probably realised that I was breathing heavily, but still not catching any oxygen. This situation was too overwhelming. My head was spinning. I didn't know what to do, or how to answer. So I ran. Out the door, down the street, never stopping to breath because there was no air left. They took it literally, leaving me breathless. Right now I just need some space to breath.