Chapter 4: Confession

Zoe's POV

We started touring in Seattle. We've been here about 5 hours now. I found out that Kyle's pretty good at piano, better than I expected. The band he's been playing backup for is called "The Doors", because they'll come knocking or something like that.

Since Kyle and I are guests on the trip, we have to pay for everything except hotels. Shawn, being the friend that he is, lent us a certified limo driver. Wherever we go, the chauffeur comes with us, then leaves to pick the limo from whichever country  we're in, so we always have transportation.

"The show's over, time to hit the road." Kyle said.

I saw him pick up an electric bass guitar beside him.

"What do you need that for?" I asked, pointing to the guitar

"I'm learning how to play, to make more money," he said with a grin.

"Can you play something on it?"

"Sure, just don't laugh if it's bad."

He sat down on an amplifier and began to play. The sound was amazing, absolutely beautiful. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit because he doubted himself, which was not like the usual Kyle.

"I told you not to laugh," he said looking up at me with a frown.

"I wasn't laughing because it was horrible," I said, " Quite the contrary, you actually doubted your amazing talent."

"We all know I have many talents, I just didn't know I had it on bass guitar."

"Mhm..." I answered back, sarcastically.

******

We were at the hotel now, I've been wondering if Kyle and I were going to be sharing a hotel room or not.

"How many rooms?" the lady at the front desk asked.

"One." Kyle replied, looking at me with a mischievous smirk.

"What are you up to?" I asked Kyle as we left the desk and headed towards the elevator.

"Nothing. We will just be sharing a room," he said, "and a bed or a shower and stuff like that." he mumbled afterward.

"You must be kidding." I said as I pushed the 4th floor.

"No..."

"Well, that's too bad."

"And why is that?" he turned to look at me.

"Because I believe in no sexual relationships before marriage." I said assure of myself.

"I always thought that was dumb," he says as we walk out of the elevator.

"It's not dumb. If you... fool around... you're completely vulnerable and most of the time, you have no power over yourself. That means your partner has full control over you and your body." I heard Kyle snicker at that last part. I continued. "If you're not married then it's just some random guy that has that kind of power over you. Kyle, wouldn't you like to have the pleasure to be my first?"

Kyle looked staggered by that question that he dropped the room key. But answered, "Yes".

"And so would the person whom I will spend the rest of my life with." I said.

"How do you know I won't be that lucky person?", he holds the door open for me.

His comment made me smile. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. I wonder if he could tell...

"I guess we'll have to wait and see." I say walking into the room.

******

The two month tour is officially over. Kyle and I just have to pack our things.

"Zoe, I've been meaning to tell you something," Kyle said with an uneasy tone in his voice.

"Yeah, what's up?" I say as I finish packing.

"I really like you... a lot actually. I- I think I love you."

I was dumbfounded by what he just told me. I then realized he was waiting for an answer.

"I think I love you too, Kyle."