Chapter 2: Jealousy

A/N: Sorry for the late update I've been busy with school. And year end parties and such. I'm sorry!! Hopefully in the future you'll receive more updates faster.
***********
Zoe's POV
I laid awake thinking to myself at night. I didn't understand why I agreed into being Kyle's girlfriend. He was sweet and all but, I don't know him that well. After all, Los Angeles is pretty big, I would never make it without a friend. I searched through my contacts to see who would be willing to come over to Los Angeles to join me. I went back to thinking. The song I'm writing. I still needed a topic. Well, I could write about Kyle, but I'm not putting my love life into music. It seemed to mainstream. Instead I texted my friend. A whole later, they responded saying they'll be here tomorrow.
*****
I can't sleep. Kyle was on my mind. I can't remember why I said yes. How was I going to tell my friend? What if he doesn't approve? All these questions circle my mind and make me regret it. A boyfriend is NOT what I came to L.A. for, and I'm not sure I like Kyle that much anyway. Sure, his eyes are as beautiful as they can get. His smile shines brighter that the sun. The way he helped me back at the airport was really nice of him. I mean he was extremely gorgeous...and his attitude towards life was not only amusing, but also attractive. Who am I kidding? Of coarse I like Kyle. Why else am I awake? I bet Kyle knows I like him. I have no other choice but to start playing hard to get.

Kyle's POV
I know she's thinking about me. I can feel it. Now the real question is why was I attracted to her? Maybe it's how clueless she was. But I know she's easy to figure out. She's the type of girl who loves to prove people wrong, because that's the best type of revenge. I also knows she's gonna make me chase her, play hard to get... Or more like hard to get away from.

Zoe's POV
I was awakened by a knock on the door. "Yeah!" I said hoping it was my friend who confirmed in joining me. "Hello." The voice said. I tried to mask the disappointed look on my face, but I don't think it worked well. "You seem upset to see the most beautiful person you'll see all day, and you don't know anyone in this town to be expecting anyone." It was Kyle.
"Actually," I replied, "I invited my friend. They will be coming soon."
Shawn answered, "So by 'they' you mean more than one."
"No, just one person.
Kyle replied, "Male or Fe-"
He was cut off by someone knocking at the door. The door opened.

Kyle's POV
I saw Zoe jump into their arms. It's a male. He is also very good-looking. I was instantly jealous. This guy is going to be staying with Zoe in her flat. I don't trust him.

"Um, Zoe, who's this? I asked.

"Oh Kyle, this is Matthew, and Matthew, this is Kyle.

I scowled making sure Matthew knew I didn't like him.

"Uhh, why is this guy in  your flat, Zoe?" Matthew asked.

Because I'm her boyfriend." I interrupted standing up.

"Boyfriend?" Matthew asked.

"Yeah..." Zoe said, sounding embarrassed.

"Zoe, you've only been in Los Angeles for 2 days and you pick up some guy." Matthew scolded.

"Matthew , calm down, I'll bring you some water." Zoe left for the water and so I decided to set Matthew  straight.

"Hey, I don't care who the hell you are but Zoe is mine. It doesn't matter if it started quick."

"Apparently, you haven't been around. Rumor has it, 'All that starts quick, ends quick'. And I will cross the heat of the desert to make sure that this relationship ends quick if it doesn't benefit Zoe."

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Who does he think he is? Does he know  who he's talking to?

Standing up, I said, "You listen closely, buddy, there is no way I am letting you take control of this relationship.  A fun fact about Zoe is that she loves to prove people wrong. So even if we did start quick, the only thing that's going to end quick around here is you."

Zoe walked back into the room and sat down. She handed us both the glasses of water.