Chapter 6: Shawn

A/N: Oh my dear lord.... It's been a while... I apologize... I've had second thoughts about this story if I should keep writing it or not... As you can see I've decided to keep working on it. I'm also working on another story details soon! Anyways... Here's another chapter!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Zoe's POV

"We're at the airport. Kyle, Saxon and the stage crew for the singers are all on the plane. Kyle had a window seat, so I had the opportunity to literally see him fly away. Shawn and I were standing next to his black Range Rover, watching them leave, waving at Kyle as he disappeared into the clouds
As Shawn and I walked back to his car, camera-men came from every crevice there was, trying to snap a picture of Shawn, for the second time today.
"Get in the truck, quickly." Shawn said unlocking the doors.
The crowd gathered around the truck making it impossible to move. Shawn began to move the truck forward anyway. The crowd of paparazzi started to calm down and scatter out of the way of the car's path. We headed to the exit, then the highway back to town.
"You should expect that." Shawn said, starting the conversation.
""Expect what?"
"Expect people following me everywhere I go with cameras."
"Why should I? You're not that good-looking anyway." I said playfully.
"What!? You know you like this." Shawn said, running his hand down his chest, flashing off his dimples.
I looked at him up and down. "Nah" I replied, trying to sound serious.
Shawn laughed. When he laughed it kind of sounded like a scream. Really loud at first l, and then got softer. His eyes were barely open and his nose was scrunched up. His laugh was adorable.
"What are you staring at?" He said interrupting my thoughts.
I didn't realize I was staring at him, but he sure did.
"That's what I'm trying to figure out." I answered. He looked at me, shook his head then looked back at the road.
You...are a smart ass. Did you know that?"
I smiled and said, " Keep driving."
******
"Shawn, where are we going?"
"To your apartment, so you can change your clothes. We're going to my house party scheduled for tonight. We're found to be around a lot of important people." Shawn explained.
"Do I have to wear a dress?"
"No, just something more than a t-shirt and jeans."
We arrived at my apartment and headed towards the door. I opened the doors and stepped inside.
"You have a nice apartment." Shawn commented.
"It can't compare to your million dollar mansion."

"Not really. What if I told you I live in an apartment just like yours?"

"I wouldn't believe you." I said as I unlocked the door.

Matthew was at the door and said, " Oh, hi Zoe."

"Hi, Matt" I replied.

I see you brought another guy here." he observed.

"Umm, no Matthew, this is Kyle's friend, Shawn."

"Hi!" Shawn said acknowledging his presence. Matthew ignored him and walked past us.

"Matthew, I'm sorry for what happened last month." I apologized.

"It's alright." he said with mush deceit in his voice.

I knew he was hurt about it. Matthew walked up to his room. As soon as he was out of sight, Shawn spoke up.

"Who is he?"

"That's Matthew, my best friend. Invited him the day after I moved to help me settle in."

I walked upstairs to get ready for the party. After about twenty minutes I was dressed and Matthew walked into my room.

"Where are you going?" Matthew interrogated.

"To Shawn's house party. You could join if you would like?"

"No, I have work to do." he said rejecting my invitation.

A few moments of silence were exchanged between us.
"What's wrong, Matthew?"
"I've just really missed you, Zoe."
He walker over to me and hugged me.