Chapter 5: Replacement

Zoe's POV

We just got home from tour and Kyle's boss is already calling him for more work. He has to help write songs for this new person's debut album. He'll be gone for a while. Kyle's boss whose name is Saxon Lund, said I can't come along with him so Kyle "could focus better". I tried explaining to Saxon that I could help write the lyrics.

"I don't need any inexperienced writers wasting my time." Saxon said.

"But Saxon, that's what I came here for; write so I could become experienced," I replied back.

"To you my name is Mr. Lund. Only Kyle can call me Saxon."

Kyle decided to join the argument. "Saxon, she'll do fine, I promise" he pleaded.

"No. Only professionals. And Kyle, we need to start now. We will be going to Canada for Columbia Records in about 3 to 5 hours, so make arrangements for the girl to be picked up. Now leave my office. I have some very important phone calls."

"Nice meeting you and thank you for your time," I said as Kyle left Mr. Lund in his office.

"Okay Zoe, I'm going to be gone for a few months. I'm going to leave you with Shawn. He will be at your side whenever you need help. He doesn't have to work because he really doesn't need anymore money, so he won't be busy." Kyle assured.

"So  he will act as a replacement?"

"Pretty much. I'll call him now to see if he could come and get you."

I saw Kyle call Shawn. He walked away so he could talk to him, but not far enough away that I couldn't hear him.
"Yeah, Shawn, we're at Sony Records right now. Yeah... I need you to come and get Zoe. I'll be gone for two months and she'll need taking care of... Ok.... Alright then... Bye."
Kyle ended the call and walked back over to me.
"He'll be over here in a few minutes."
Mr. Lund walked out.
"Oh Kyle, we will be leaving for the airport soon."
Kyle answered, "I know, Zoe and Shawn are coming to wave me off."
"Who will be driving you there, because you're not getting into my car." Saxon asked jokingly.
"Saxon, you already know Shawn will take us in his limo." Kyle replied.
"Yeah, Shawn sure likes to arrive in style." Saxon said, letting out a low chuckle.
"Kyle," I whispered. "How does Saxon know Shawn?"
"Everybody knows Shawn, babe. He's a billionaire. He gets to go everywhere. Speaking of Shawn, here he is now."
Shawn's limo pulled and Shawn began to step out. People with cameras started to swarm him, running here and there, trying not o get a picture of the young, famous, and exceptionally gorgeous, billionaire.
"You guys ready?" Shawn asked as he was walking towards us.
"C'mon, Zoe." Kyle said leading me through the mob of people.
We got into the limo, but before pulling off, Saxon sent a text to Kyle saying he would meet us at the airport.