Chapter 16: Lady Wifi Part 1

(Two weeks later)

Things had been... hectic to say the least after the events of Stormy Weather, with three heavy hitting akuma's in the span of two weeks.

First up was Timebreaker, Alix's akumatized alias. She was akumatized on her birthday after receiving a pocket watch, which was a family heirloom passed down from generation to generation on their fifteenth birthday. Only for it to be destroyed during a race with Kim. The girl had been given the power to take people's energy--Chat Noir being among the victims–to go back in time to fix the mistake. To say that Chat Noir was happy to see two Ladybugs was an understatement... he was ecstatic.

Then after her, was Copy Chat, aka Theo Barbot. The man was assigned to create a statue honoring Ladybug and Chat Noir in the park next to Marinette's house. Long story short, he had a crush on Ladybug and was sad that she didn't show up due to... personal reasons (like playing phone thief). Plus, it didn't help that Chat Noir fibbed and told Theo that he and Ladybug were dating, making him jealous and end up akumatized into a perfect copy of Chat Noir. He then proceeded to rob the Louver off the Mona Lisa, framing Chat Noir in the process.

Then last but certainly not least, was Pharaoh, Alix's older brother, Jalil. His akuma was the most recent, and the most interesting. Thanks to Jalil's obsession of wanting to see an old papyrus and Tutankhamun's scepter to see if it could be used in a ritual to resurrect people, he was akumatized because his dad wouldn't allow it to happen. Once he was transformed, he took matters into his own hands by taking the papyrus and scepter, and Alya hostage to perform the ritual.

During that time, Alya saw an image of a past Ladybug miraculous holder depicted on the papyrus, and found out that the miraculous were at least 5,000 years old. And to think it all started with Marinette losing her history textbook, and Alya trying to find out her identity with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which was what Alya was still trying to do as she sat in class, and opened her notebook to a picture of Ladybug.

"I'm very pleased with how you all did on your last assignment," Miss Bustier praised as Alya cut out the face from the picture before she used the cutout, moving it over the student's faces.

"Some of you have really stepped up, and I do appreciate it. Now it's time to move on to our next assignment," The teacher continued as Alya just moved her edited picture to see if Chloé would be a match. Only for the heiress to notice and point at Miss Bustier.

In response, Alya turned to see Miss Bustier right in front of her, her face filling the hole in the picture as Alya looked through it. To avoid getting into trouble, the reporter quickly put the picture away.

"Is Marinette still in the girls' room?" Miss Bustier asked, glancing at Marinette's empty seat next to Alya.

"Uh, I don't know, miss," Alya admitted, right before the bell rang, signaling the students to stand up and pack their bags.

"Tonight I want you all to read chapter three of the breathtaking France, the First Thousand Years. Then, answer this simple questionnaire," Miss Bustier explained as she gave the homework assignment to the students on their way out.

"See to it that Marinette receives her homework," The teacher requested before handing two copies to Alya. She nodded in understanding and headed out of the classroom, pulled out her phone and tried to call Marinette.

But all she got was....

"It's Marinette, leave a message. Beep! He he." The pre-recorded message replied, much to Alya's annoyance as she hung up, and instead headed to the bathrooms to see if Marinette was there. But when she did not receive an answer, she left, making her way down into the courtyard, and saw and there as well.