Chapter 36: Win Lose Draal Part 1

Following getting caught by the police, Jim and Toby were taken to the station for their museum break in. Once they arrived and the two boys were led to the line up area for their first ever mugshots, Strickler's arrival followed soon after. Nomura had managed to get away from the goblins, and had done so long enough to contact the police to have them arrest the boys. But she had also told Strickler what happened as well, including Marinette's presence via video call. When he was told about Jim's little sister being involved and most likely finding out about Nomura, Strickler raced over to the station. After he arrived and saw the boys getting processed, he immediately called Barbara.

"Hello, Walter. How are you?" Brarbara greeted, her chipper voice making Strickler feel guilty to be the one to bring her out of her cheerful mood.

"Hello, Barbara. I'm doing well, but I wish I was calling under better circumstances." Walter replied, a grime tone to his greeting.

"Why, what is it?" Barbara asked.

"I'm afraid Jim and Toby have been arrested for breaking into the museum." Walter answered as he watched Toby making fun poses during his mugshot.

"What! Why would they do that?" Barbara exclaimed, not believing what she heard.

"I'm not entirely sure. But I was told that Marinette was present for it as well through her phone." Strickler revealed, his own concern leaking into his voice.

"By who?" Barbara asked, a slight interrogating vibe to her tone.

"The museum curator, Mrs. Nomura. She was highly concerned when she told me about the event." Strickler answered, deciding to add a bit of 'caring' to Nomura's tattling on the boys to make her seem more innocent.

Meanwhile at the hospital, Barbara had grabbed her purse and was heading out to the exit so she could get to her car. To say that she was livid was a gross understatement.

"I can imagine. I'm on my way over now!" Barbara responded, her resolve to get there growing as she speed walked to the hospital exit.

"I'll see you soon then. Though I do suggest that you call Tom and Sabine to tell them what happened." Strickler supplied as Barbara exited the hospital and made her way to her car.

"Way ahead of you. I'll be at the station soon." Barbara replied before she hung up, opening her car door and hopping inside. Once she was in her seat, she pulled up Tom's contact on her phone and dialed it. As it rang, the doctor started up her car, and began her drive to the police station.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over in Paris, Tom and Sabine were heading up the stairs to their apartment, when Tom's phone rang. They had just begun their break from working in the bakery, and were looking forward to a nice quiet lunch. But their plans would have to wait as Tom pulled out his phone and saw that it was Barbara calling him. Wasting no time at all, he answered his phone.

"Hello Barbara, how are you?" Tom greeted when he responded to the call, a cheerful tone to his voice.

"I could be better." Barbara admitted with a heavy sigh, worrying both Tom and Sabine.

"What's wrong?" Sabine asked, coming up to stand next to Tom so she could speak into his phone.

"I just got off the phone with Walter. He told me Jim and Toby broke into the museum." Barbara revealed, causing both bakers to gasp at the accusation.

"What? Why would they do that?!" Tom questioned, pulling the phone closer to his face in his interrogation.

"I don't know why, but apparently Marinette was on call with them during the break in." Barbara replied, which made Tom and Sabine glance at each other in worry.