Chapter 24: Evilustrator Part 3

Quicker than Marinette thought possible, the school day had ended. Jim hadn't called at lunch, probably because of something that came up, and was most likely asleep. But the young designer didn't quite have that luxury yet. She still had to see Tikki's friend.

"Okay, Tikki... who exactly is it that you need me to meet?" Marinette asked as she walked down the front steps of the school, and reached the sidewalk.

"The Great Guardian. He's the only human that I know who will have more information about the trolls," Tikki replied, much to Marinette's curiosity.

"Alright... where to?" Marinette questioned before she kept walking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon enough, Tikki had led her to a massage shop, where she stood in front of an apartment door on the top floor. She then opened the door, and saw an old man sitting on a rug in the middle of the room.

"Hello there Ladybug," The old man-dressed in familiar khakis, sandals, and a red Hawaiian shirt with white flowers-greeted as Marinette and Tikki walked/floated into the room.

"I know you never wanted me to bring her here. But something has changed and you must know right away! Tell him Marinette!" Tikki exclaimed as she filtered between the old man and Marinette as she spoke, settling back next to Marinette. But while Tikki was occupied, the designer finally got a good look at the man in front of her.

"Wait a minute, I've seen you before. You're the old man I helped on my first day back to school," Marinette noticed, recognising the man sitting in the middle of the room.

"So...I'm guessing that you're not really an ordinary old man, huh?" The designer questioned, seeing that there was more to this man than it seemed.

"Not really. And your first day of school was not a chance meeting either," The old man admitted as he remembered that day's events.

"Marinette, you are always ready to help others. I knew that day, you would make a fantastic Ladybug," He continued, stating the reasons as to why he chose Marinette. But it still wasn't enough of an answer for her.

"But, who are you?" Marinette asked, wanting to know more. The old man got up from the floor, and walked over to the gramophone behind him. The girl and her kwami followed him with rising curiosity.

Once he reached it, the man pressed the eyes of the decorative dragons, revealing a set of hidden buttons and pressed some of them, imputing a code. The gramophone then opened up, revealing a black wooden box with a red symbol on top, leaving Marinette speechless.

"Master Fu is the last known member of the Order of the Guardian," Tikki explained as she flew from Marinette's side and floated in front of her, introducing the man to Marinette.

"Guardians of the Miraculous," A voice continued, causing Marinette to see Wayzz fly out of the gramophone's horn and float in front of the old man

"I'm Wayzz, Master Fu's kwami. It's a pleasure to meet you Marinette," The turtle kwami introduced as he floated closer to Marinette, causing the girl to back up a bit in surprise.

"Uh, you too,"Marinette greeted with a nervous smile, a little taken aback by Wayzz's excitement.

"We guardians are responsible for protecting and distributing the miraculous. For the good of all humanity," Master Fu began as he lifted the box out of the gramophone, and opened it to reveal the remaining two miraculous inside.

"We are chosen in childhood, and trained for many years, especially for this mission. But when we were much, much younger, we... no, I made a mistake. The Guardians temple was destroyed, all because of me," The Guardian revealed as he vividly remembered his time in the Order of the Guardians, both the good and bad memories.