005

tues, feb 3.

days until the dance: 11

iMessage:

tam 💗

- today 7:17 pm -

you

heyy :)

-----

I had practically run home to text Tam, but then at the last moment realized that he would probably notice how early I'd messaged him. So then I strategically waited until after dinner, so he didn't think that I was that excited to talk to him.

I totally was.

-----

tam 💗

hey

how are u?

you

i'm good!

but mrs galvin is the WORST

she assigned sm chemistry hw😭

how bout u??

how've the first few days of foxfire been

tam 💗

replied to you (but mrs galvin is the WORST)

i just started foxfire and i already hate her😬

you

fr!

tam 💗

ive been ok :)

btw heres the link to the directions to my house:

link

you

thanks! see u on saturday 3 pm?

tam 💗

sounds good

i'll share the slides w u as soon as i can!

you

tysm <3

tam 💗

<3

-----

I'd originally thought the heart had been going to far, but he was cute and I was desperate for a date to the dance.

And when he sent one back- Let's just say I was glad he couldn't see my face through the screen.

"BIANA! COME HELP ME WASH THE DISHES! JUST 'CAUSE MOM AND DAD AREN'T HOME, IT DOESN'T MEAN U CAN STAY IN YOUR ROOM ON YOUR PHONE!!" Fitz barged into my room.

I rolled my eyes and said sarcastically, "Come on, Fitz! You can do this!"

"BIANA AMBERLY VACKER, GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW-"

"Well, if you want me to tell Sophie you like her, then I guess I will," I smirked and started climbing off my bed.

"I- NO, DON'T YOU DARE! FINE, I'LL WASH THE DISHES, BUT ONLY IF YOU PROMISE YOU WON'T TELL SOPHIE!"

"Good job!" I patted him on the head as if he was a five year old (his maturity without a doubt made him seem like one) and ushered him out of the room. Then, I closed the door on his face and locked it.

This was what I called girl power.

DINGGG!

My phone rang, and I tripped over a pile of LV bags rushing to pick it up.

My face dropped when I saw it wasn't Tam.

Why would he call me anyway?

"Bi!" I jumped as the voice on the other line sounded.

"Hey, Soph."

"So, I just wanted to see if you're free this Saturday, at 3 pm? We can go dress shopping for the dance!"

I bit my lip. "Actually... I'm going over to Tam's on Saturday at that time, maybe Sunday?"

"You're going over to Tam's? To do what?" Sophie teased.

I immediately regretted mentioning it. "Just a school project for Astronomy. Anyway, are we going on Sunday, or what?"

"Yeah, we can go on Sunday. But just a school project or a school project and a little bit more?"

"Sophie!!"

"Okay, okay, sorry! By the way... There's something I need to tell you... Actually, never mind."

"No, no! Tell me!" I hated it when someone mentioned something but then didn't actually say it.

"Fine... But, promise you won't get upset or do anything irrational?"

"Um... Okay..." I didn't know what to say- Sophie was acting very suspicious.

"So, erm- Well, you know how you kind of had this, um, trip during Astronomy?" I could practically see Sophie tugging out a loose eyelash.

"Yeah, oh my gosh, that was so horrible- Wait, how do you know? You're in another class!" I said slowly.

"Um- Yeah, so, uh, Stina kinda took a picture, and now practically the whole school knows about it."

"SHE WHAT?!" I exploded. How could Stina do that?

But then... Why hadn't I thought of that earlier? She was the one who'd tripped me, after all.

"Look, Bi," Sophie said calmly, my promise of not getting upset forgotten, "I heard Maruca talking about it after school, and some other people posted it on their Snap story- I thought it would only be fair to tell you."

I exhaled. "Yeah, I guess. Thanks for telling me, Soph. Actually."

"Anytime- That's what friends are for, right?"

"Right." I jumped up from my bed and went to my vanity mirror, starting to applying some lip gloss. Stina might've taken a stupid picture that'd gone viral, but I certainly wasn't going to let that affect me.

Actually, I was already affected- Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I thought about how Tam probably already knew, and thought I was a total doofus.

"Anyway, I have to go -Grady's calling me to go help Verdi a bath- Kill me now!" Sophie groaned.

Verdi was one of Sophie's many family pets- A huge dog that almost looked like a dinosaur. And a very messy one, at that.

"Have fun!" I laughed and hung up.

I sealed the lid of my lip gloss tube and fell backwards into bed.

Today had been a long day, and Saturday couldn't come soon enough.