021 (teaser)

wednesday, feb 11

days until the dance: 3

"Biana!!"

I looked up from my plate to see Marella run into the dining hall, panting. She slid into the seat next to me.

"Hey, I never asked you how your little meeting"-She wiggled her eyebrows- "with Tam went."

I poked my mashed carnissa root with my fork and shrugged. "It was okay, I guess."

"That's it?" She prodded. "So did you guys get any work done or did you just"-She did that funny thing with her eyebrows again- "chill?"

"Shut uuup." A reluctant smile slid onto my face. I thought back to lunch break the day before. We'd met up in an empty classroom and pored through our Science notes, finally scraping together a poorly written slideshow. "Well, at one point, Tam leaned in and-"

"What did I miss?" Sophie plopped into the seat opposite Marella and I.

"Biana's explaining what exactly happened yesterday lunch." Marella filled her in, turning back to me eagerly once she'd finished.

"Well, like I was saying," I began again pointedly, "we met up and typed up a presentation. It sucked, but like at least we got it done."

Marella rolled her eyes. "We wanna hear the juicy stuff, dumbass."

"Okay, fine- you got me." A reluctant smile slide onto my face. "Long story short-"

"Hey, Bi!" 

My head swiveled around so fast my neck cracked.