Chapter 5 - Hogwarts

TW: Very slight swearing

Katianne's POV

"She's coming back." Hermione stated, all five of us looking at the painting of who I now know as Dumbedore's sister, Ariana.

"Who's that with her?" Ron then quizzed, noticing the following figure behind the girl in the striped blue dress. Slowly, the painting opened, as a familiar dark haired Gryffindor crawled out.

"Neville." Harry gasped out. "You look-" He then tried saying, but the Longbottom boy cut him off. "-Like h*ll, I reckon. This is nothing, Seamus is worse."

I winced at the sound of his name. With everything that happened, I forgot completely about last year. Of that night, that kiss on Christmas. I never got back to him after that. Never told him that I don't feel the same towards him, that I actually loved another person that whole time.

Time skip

As we arrived at the end of the secret passage, Neville said, "Let's have a little bit of fun, shall we?" before opening the door to reveal a large room of students. We're at Hogwarts again, the place I know as home.

"Hey! Listen up, you lot! I've brought you a surprise!" Neville called out, catching the attention of multiple.

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking, I hope. Be a surprise if we could digest it." I heard someone say. It was Seamus. Even after the multiple times I almost died, as well as everything else that happened, somehow I'm still dreading seeing the boy I led on.

The Longbottom boy stood to the side, leading to us five walking into the light- Harry at the middle (as usual), with El and I on his left, while Ron and Hermione were on his other side.

People started clapping, smiles spreading on their faces. They started cheering and whooping, the hope they've been desperately trying to grasp on finally in their hold. They walked closer to us, all of them hugging each other from a long-needed reunion.

And then my eyes landed on the Finnigan boy. His smile faltered slightly at the sight of me, and all I did was stand silently, feeling the awkward tension.

He walked closer to me, fidgeting with his fingers, looking at his feet. "Haven't seen you in a while." Seamus mumbled out, while I just nodded.

After taking a deep breath, I finally said, "Sorry I kissed you last year. Didn't mean to... lead you on like that." The Finnigan boy chuckled, shaking his head slightly. "Nah, it's cool, it's cool- I got over it."

I bit the inside of my cheek anxiously, not sure if he did actually forgive me. "Are we- are we good?" I quizzed, leading to him nodding. "Y'know, I am sorry." I then added on, though before he could reply again, Neville started talking, "Ok, ok, let's not kill him before You-know-who."

"So, what's the plan, Harry?" Neville then asked, the whole room falling silent. "Okay. There's something we need to find, something hidden here in the castle. It may help us defeat You-know-who." The raven haired boy explained.

"Right, what is it?" Neville questioned.

"We don't know." Harry answered.

"Where is it?" He then quizzed.

"We don't know that either." Harry responded.

Smiles faltered, frowns masking people's faces again.

"We realise that's not much to go on." The Potter boy stated.

"That's nothing to go on." Finnigan sighed out, shaking his head disappointedly.

"We think it has something to do with Ravenclaw. Uhm- it'll be small.. easily concealed." I spoke up, trying to help the argument.

"Anyone any ideas?" Harry then asked; the room fell silent

"Well there's Rowena Raveclaw's lost diadem." Luna suddenly said, breaking the tension-filled quietude.

"Oh bloody h*ll, here we go." I could hear Ron mutter under his breath.

"Lost diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anyone heard of it? It's quite famous." The blonde girl murmured out.

"Yes, but Luna, it's been lost for... centuries now. There isn't a person alive today who's seen it." Cho responded.

"Excuse me, can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?" The redhead boy asked aloud.

"It's sorta like a crown... y'know, like a tiara." Cho stated.

A distant rumbling snapped me out of my daze. And out of nowhere, Ginny Weasley appeared.

"Harry." She gasped out, shock painted on her face. "Hi there." My brother then responded. "Six months she hasn't seen me, and it's like I'm frankie first year. I'm her brother." I could hear Ron whisper to Hermione behind me. "Got lots of those. There's only one Harry." Finnigan joked. "Shut up, Seamus." Ron then snapped.

"What is it, Ginny?" Neville quizzed, leading to the redhead girl to say, "Snape knows. He knows the Potter twins were spotted in Hogsmeade."

782 words