Part 2

I wake up in the hospital with my whole leg in a cast and my side all stitched up with Lucy sitting in a wheelchair right next to me with her head resting on my bed with her hand in mine, I stroke her head, her head shot up and she looks right into my eyes, she stands up unsteadily and moves her self onto my bed I scoot over to make room for her, she lays by my side and looks into my eyes again and I lean in for a kiss.

The doctor then walked in, he said "hello tim, we have some good news all damage done will not be permeant however, you have shattered your leg and your bullet wound had been stitched up after we took the bullet out, and there was a piece of debris stuck in side of you, that was to difficult to remove so we just left it as it wasn't causing any harm right now."

"Right well all of that sounds ok not to bad, right!"

"Well yeh you should be all good, you just need time to rest."

I could see Lucy looking at me out the corner of my eye knowing how stubborn I can be.

The doctor had left, we were just lying there holding each other Lucy looked up at me after resting her head on my chest.

"I thought you were dead!!" She said, so I grabbed her tighter

I didn't know what to say "yeh, but I'm not, so all is well in the world!"

"But i thought you were and it nearly broke me, to see you lying there lifeless whilst there was nothing I could do about it, in that moment I felt utterly consumed by you, I froze when I thought you weren't coming back, it nearly broke me."

"I'll never leave you!!" It's all I could think of I didn't realise how much she truly loved me.

She knew that I couldn't make a promise like that, as if I did ever leave her then it wouldn't be because I wanted to it would be because I was forced into it.

"Look don't you need to be resting, like lying down!!"

"Urm I am," she said "what do you want more room? Are you feeling okay do you want more painkillers?"

"No, no I'm all fine!!"

"You don't have to tough it out you know, you don't have to be constantly in pain."

"I'm not in pain"

I scoffed "I know you are in pain because firstly I am in pain and I only got shot and secondly you don't need to be all hard man I know how soft and mushy you really are," I joked. And he smirked.