Part 3

Leaving the hospital was quite traumatic after laying still for a whole week, moving just hurt.

• • • • • • • • • •
Lucy drove me but i had to sit/lie in the backseat, as her driving normally made me nervous and me being in pain made me even more nervous.

With Lucy not allowing me to go home, like my house with no stairs she made me go to her apartment which I wasn't complaining about spending more time with her, but she did have 6 flights of stairs she failed to mention that there was an elevator til we got there. she laughing to herself thinking she was funny, she didn't know how much i had prepared myself for all that moving.

After struggling to get out the car, lucys patience has grown massively with me just trying to make sure that i was safe with each step i take.Once i see the door it makes me feel so much better like a sense of relief washed over me. Lucy walking behind me every step of the way, just knowing that she was there made every step easier.  

once i had finally made it to the sofa and sat down the pulsing pain had slowed.

"that was fun" lucy sighed    

"Yeh I don't plan on doing that again any time soon" I said with a sigh.

Lucy just sat next to me on the sofa it just comforted me and just helped to relax, even though I hated to relax, normally I would only relax after work after I had been outside all day dealing with other people's problems, this was unnatural for me.                                                   
"Well you could have just not tried to be a hero that day, yano" Lucy said

"Well that's not really my style, yano" with me wanting just to go for a run right now getting outside just to clear the air, clear my head.

lucy starts "you know your going to have to start excepting help you know!"

"no, who says!" I exclaimed

"You should just let people help you yano" Lucy exclaims

"Well look I don't need any help!!"

"Yes, yes you do but your just to stubborn to accept it"

"I'm fully capable of still doing things for myself even if i have to do it at a much slower pace than before, my life will now just take some adjusting to," i sigh 

"Right well I don't know, go and make your self some lunch!!?"

"Okay well that's not fair I can't even stay standing up long enough to make the sandwhich!"

"Exactly, my point" she knew what she was saying knowing that i was fully wrong she was just trying to prove the point hoping that i would see my flaws.
"look," she continues as she moves to sit behind me, i lean on her "whilst you were still in the hospital I had a lot of time to think?"
"about what," i move to look behind me at her face.
"well just you learning when you actually need to be accepting help," she sighed, whilst smiling back.

"that's kind of difficult considering i had to protect myself and my sister for so many years," i sigh "but for you i will try!" I say with a giggle "the idea of me accepting help is strange but I know I'm going to have to do it a lot over the next few months, but this will only be whilst I can't do stuff for my self."

"Okay, okay look I know that this is going to be hard for you to do but honestly, I just love you so much and you just make me worry, like what happens if I have to go out and you stay behind and I don't know you fall over and can't get back up"

"I would ring you, you don't need to worry"

"But that's all, I love you so much when I can't see you I worry, like when you used to leave work late and not tell me or when you say your going to be home in 10 and then you take 30 minutes, i would worry."