True Love

Tanjiro's POV

Me and Nezuko exit the car, I'm dropping her off over at Mitsuri's house so me and Inosuke can spend some time alone. With Nezuko tagging along we haven't really had time to have a good talk about our feelings.

"Wish me luck, k?" I chuckle pointing towards Inosuke, who's still in the car. First I confess to him and now I ask him to be my boyfriend.

Nezuko nods giggling, and shuts the door, I glance in Inosuke's direction. I can say that I am quite confident. I mean I already know he loves me back. How hard can it be?

I hop into the car, and turn the keys, the car roars alive as I grab the wheel and almost reach the pedal, but Inosuke grabs my hand, making me, immediately stop all I am doing. I turn towards him. Confused.

"Tanjiro, where are we going, exactly?" He asks.

"You'll see." I assure.

I remember how Inosuke had taken me to a special place, and now I'm
going to take him to one myself.

I park on the side of a road and start to leave the car, Inosuke raises a brow but follows along.

To our right there's a path that leads into a small forest, I lead the way as Inosuke walks close behind, mesmerized by all the greenery around him.

"We're almost there." I smile after noticing Inosuke's impatience.

"So, what are you taking me here for?" He perks up.

"You'll see." I sing.

We reach the bottom of a tall hill, and I see Inosuke frown for a second before realizing I want us to climb it.

"Race ya to the top!" He yells, beginning to scramble up the terrain. I shake my head but comply, following after him just a bit behind.

Inosuke makes it to the top of the hill, before me. I roll my eyes as I take the last step to the top.

I slip, due to a rock or something, I close my eyes, awaiting the pain soon to come from tumbling down the hill, but I don't feel it. After a few seconds I open my eyes.

I see Inosuke, struggling to hold me up, well he's holding me by my shirt, solely. I start to panic for a second but he gathers the strength to grab me by my waist and pull me up.

"Tanjiro! Are you okay?" He asks genuinely concerned, still holding me. I nod, and he sighs in relief. Finally letting me go.

"Thank you." I say, and give him a kiss on the cheek. I smile as I watch as his face flush red and his eyes widen.

"We're here." I point to the bottom of the hill, if possible Inosuke's eyes open even wider at the sight.

I had waited till summer to show him this spot. Me and Nezuko used to come here all the time; at the bottom of the hill, there was a huge lake, and all around vivid green shrubbery plants and greenery of all sorts. The trees were every except a small patch where we would usually have picnics. There was a dock for fishing and flowers bloomed everywhere. A wide variety of colors like blue, purple, yellow, even pink.

The lake glistened pinks purples and blues as the sun shone brightly over it. The clouds a cotton candy pink. I turn towards him, nervously.

"Do you like it?" I ask. He turns to me, his eyes still wide and I can see how absolutely stunning they look with the sunlight illuminating them. I must have been blushing so much, my face felt hot and my body was shaking.

"It's, breathtaking." He chuckles. "The spot I showed you is nothing compared to this." He admits. I shake my head.

"I think they're, equally special." I smile. Inosuke nods and grabs my hand.

"Let's head down shall we?" He says mannerly. And that we do but he insists we walk, so I don't trip again of course.

We decide to sit by the dock, Inosuke especially likes how the lake looks. We sit for a while just admiring it. Sitting at the end of the dock as our shoes dangle just above the water.

Inosuke leans his head onto my shoulder, resting it there. I try my best not to move but realize. I have to ask him to be my boyfriend.

"Tanjiro I need to tell you something." Inosuke says quietly all of a sudden. I was just about to say the same thing.

"Me too." I reply with a forced laugh. I was a nervous wreck. "You first, though." I was afraid he would say we couldn't be together, or that he didn't love me anymore.

"You know how we're like, in-love with each other?" Inosuke points out. I nod, nervously.

"Well, you know that thing people say when they really like someone and they want to make it... Official?" He says, standing up straight to face me. I nod again, this time curiously.

"Can I be your, boyfriend?" He asks hesitantly.

Without second thought I give him a crushing hug. A huge grin spreads across my face.

"Yes yes!" I shout. "I'm so happy you want to date me!" I feel like crying tears, but ones of joy. Inosuke hugs me back laughing.

"Man I didn't expect that kinda reaction Tanjiro." He chuckles. We both let go of the hug.

"But what were you going to ask me?" His tone now serious. I laugh out loud, earning a look from Inosuke that said is-he-ok?

"I was going to ask you to be my boyfriend." I said still laughing. This time it was Inosuke to roll his eyes.

"So will I be the housemaid?" Inosuke joked.

"Wait you're thinking of getting a home together?" I gasp.

"Well, when were older, why not?" He pauses. "And then you're supposed to get married, have kids, and then happily ever after or whatever." He shrugs.

"Married? Kids?" I blush. "First of all one of those things is practically impossible to do, and second, how can you even talk about all the so casually?" I say.

"Because I love you." He says clearly confused.

"You've been watching too many romance movies." I chuckle. "Sometimes relationship don't work out, at least in the long run.

"But we're not running?"

"It just means that, it's hard for relationships to last long, I mean why do you think people say 'they were arguing like an old married couple' when people are fighting?"

"I would never do that Tanjiro." Inosuke huffs. "I love you now and I'll love you forever." He says sternly, grabbing my hand.

And at that moment, I believed him, I believed he truly loved me that he truly wanted to spend his life with me. So I gave in. It wouldn't hurt to try

"You know what Inosuke, maybe you're right, maybe true love can be real." I sigh. "So, we're dating now and we'll date forever huh?" I smile.

"Yes." He says, and we both lean in for a kiss.

Thank you for your patience!!