Chapter One

Trixie's Pov
Indiana Hawkins such a small little town with so much and luck that followed it through each following years. You had your clearly idiotic adults with their families who have pretty much lived as much as they could given for the 80's you had a stay at home mom, or one working way too many jobs. The dad fast asleep on the arm chair.

The worries of kids being popular, and of course you add one big great thing to the mix. Second genders what a good way to make teens and kids alike feel like  complete shit about their already growing bodies.

It usually shows around about the preteen years, the spike point of puberty you either were a female alpha, omega or beta or a male alpha, omega or beta. Female alphas were a little on the semi rare side in this town with a few. Mostly were omegas or betas. And then there was me one of the few female alphas that helped out other omegas and betas.

Most of the time it was giving them supplements for their ruts/heat scent blockers. Things were they didn't wanna depend on their second gender taking over. Through out high school I took that roll seriously, and even after graduation I was helping others out no matter how hard you tried to mask your scent. It would come out no matter the pills.

Though you could make it less worse. I found myself hopping straight off the bus with a heavy sigh, folding my hands into the sleeves of my long sleeves shirt following after the coward staring at the blaring letters reading Starcourt Mall. It was the new place to be, the one place to have a job for the summer. Hell when there was too many children running around. Sanking my shoulders back with a sigh I threaded my through stepping on the escalator as soon I was in good view all the different scents combing could be overwhelming.

My eyes glanced over at the large movie theater that could be a good place to stop time for a while. But then the sound of sugar sweets always hit me. A tug on my arm had me blinking in confusion before relaxing at the group of mix of omegas and betas. I recognized them giving them all soft smiles as greeting.

"Hey Trixie! So uhm some of us are in preheat do you think maybe we could all get some ice cream?" One of the girls questioned to me sweetly playing with her sleeves. I blinked a couple times before a brief chuckle left my lips, nodding my head gently.

"Yeah we can guys come on." I urged them towards the bustling doors to Scoops Ahoy everyone was looking around chatting with one another. Meanwhile my attention was on a ton of kids suddenly running through ringing at the bell fast like.

"Hey Dingus! Your children are here." A faint grin grew on my face as the back window doors flew open the annoyed expression was across the male's fast. Curls shoved into a sailors hat.

"Really? Come on now." He quickly waved them all back towards him with a roll of his eyes. The sight was amusing like a hard working mother supporting her children. The doors had shut, shutting me out of my daze before getting a nudge from George who had a grin on his face nodding towards the counter.

"I thought it was a rumor that King Steve was working here." A couple blinks had my fingers rubbing under my chin before also blurting out my own surprise.

"That's Steve Harrington? The bully who was dating Nancy no way!" I exclaimed with a grin, causing for them all to laugh and snicker with one another gently.

"Yeah I heard that's he's the only alpha to get his ass beat by an omega." It was now my turn to blink turning my attention back towards the group.

"What do you mean he's an alpha? I went to school with him. He isn't an alpha he's an omega you can smell it." I trailed off for a moment looking between everyone. Was their scent not strong enough to sense it? His scent was like a natural wood and earthy smell. It was pleasant and strong.

"No way King Steve has always been an alpha." It was now my turn to pinch at the bridge for a moment exhaling moving to get into the line for the longest day I could tell.

"Those are scent blockers.. And by the smell they are super expensive... I don't think he cares if people know now, because he isn't in school." I nibbled at my lower lip a couple times, keeping my fingers pinching at the bridge of my nose.

Another crazy year I can feel it.