Chapter 17

I wake up with a groggy feeling in my stomach. I go get ready and come back to the dorms. It's a very ashen atmosphere. I know why. Fear Landscapes today. What will my fears be? What kind of monsters are going to lurch from the dark to steal my rationality? My stomach churns at the thought of that. Tobias enters the room.

"Listen up, initiates. Your final stage, the fear landscapes, will begin in 2 hours. Good luck." He says. When no one's noticing, heaverts his eyes to mine and winks at me, smiling. I smile back. He leaves the room. I leave the room to get breakfast. As I walk out the door, a hand grabs my arm. I gasp. It pulls me into a corridor. Fear prickles within me. I open my mouth to scream but I hear a voice.

"Tris, it's me, Tobias. I just wanted to talk to you." He says. Relief floods within me.

"So you told me about the Bureau right?" He asks. I nod."I just wanted to say that we're leaving tonight. Right after the rankings are announced." He says, sounding very excited.

"Why're you so eager?" I ask.

"Because,"He starts."I wanna leave this place for good."

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah, Will that be okay with you?" He asks.

"Oh Tobias, I'd love it more than anything." I say, smiling.

"Great." He says."Wherever you are is home to me."

He kisses me."Tobias, I'm scared. For the fear landscapes."

"Don't be. You're practically Divergent. You'll handle it." He says.

"Thanks." I say.