🫧Chapter 3🫧

Arabella's pov:

On the bus, I just snapped Lily and Jaxson, but then the texts from Stranger started coming in.

Stranger: How was your friend's house?

Ari: It was nice ig, we watched the Breakfast Club.

Ari: How was your night?

Stranger: Wow you're in a good mood today

Stranger: It was nice. Me and my husband went out for dinner.

Ari: Oh cool. What's he like?

Stranger: I'll tell you after you tell me why you're being so nice

Ari: Today is the first day of waiting for my reply from Stark Industries and I want to be in a good mood for it.

Stranger: Good luck kid

Ari: Sooooo your husband?

Stranger: Oh yeah. He's a scientist and pretty much a genius.

Ari: Oh cool. How long have you been together?

Stranger: Well we met a while back, but we started dating in 2012.

Ari: Okay so 6 years?

Stranger: Yeah but he was sort of off the grid for a bit.

Ari: Okay then??? Anyways it's good that you have a good husband.

Stranger: Yeah, he makes me genuinely happy. Hey what's your opinion on Tony Stark?

Ari: Uh he's smart and pretty funny

Stranger: You sure he's not just some heartless businessman?

Ari: Hell no he's cool, and he's better than you'll ever be! Why do you think I applied to work for him? I want to learn from him because he's so smart and he's my role model! If you have a problem with that then you can leave and I will gladly be blocking you.

Stranger: NO I don't think like that!

Ari: Whatever you say man. That was your only warning. Anyways, I'll talk later. I'm at school.

I put my phone in my pocket and met up with Lily and Jaxson at our regular spot.

"Hey, I got you coffee. Lily told me you didn't sleep great last night." Jaxson handed me a matcha latte, my favorite. He was right, I didn't sleep. I had an official stalker now, how am I supposed to sleep with that in my brain?

Class went by like normal, with the regular teacher back. For some reason, Peter Parker kept looking at me from across the room like he was talking about me. I gave him a "You need something?" look from across the room, and he shook his head. I guess it worked, because he left me alone for the rest of the day. I didn't mean to be rude to him, but last time I checked, he was dating that Mj girl. She also seems cool, but I always got the "I'm too cool for friendship" vibe from her, so how kids like Peter and Ned got her to sit with them constantly, I don't know.

The rest of the day went by pretty normally. Flash was annoying to people, and Lily just went shopping on her phone throughout classes.

It was when I got home when things started to look different.

I opened my email and saw an email from Stark Industries, and I got accepted to work there! I was getting paid enough to afford school lunch and stuff, and now I was Tony Stark's personal intern! I had to tell Stranger.

Ari: I got the job!

Stranger: Good job kid. I knew you'd do it.

For some reason, those words didn't make me feel any better. In fact, I felt worse. It sounded like a father talking to his little girl, which was something I never got growing up and it just hurt to hear now. Lily said that's why I become distant, but I don't believe her. I just set my phone down and thought about my life.

I wanted to become invisible and not think about anything, but if my parents walked in the room and saw, they would kick me out. Superpowers suck when you can't use them.

The next morning:

My first day at Stark Industries was today, and I would be picked up by Tony Stark's personal driver right after school, so I had to look good. Not too stuffy or formal, but I couldn't wear any crop tops or anything like that. Not that I could anyway, with the bruises on my arms and stomach. I finally chose this:

School went by insanely slow as I awaited my first day at Stark Industries

School went by insanely slow as I awaited my first day at Stark Industries. Finally, the final bell rang and I reread the email to see who would be picking me up. Finally some guy in an Audi rolled up to the school and told me he was the right guy, and his name was Happy Hogan. "So, Arabella, right?" I nodded. "Okay cool. You know Peter Parker?" "I know who he is..." "Okay because I'm driving him too and he's always late." Happy tilted his head back and sighed. "Wait- how do you know Peter?" I asked. "Oh- you'll have to ask Tony Stark about that. And if I were you, I'd move to the back. Peter likes the front." I nodded and awkwardly got out and walked to the back seat. 

A minute later, Peter got in the car and Happy started driving. It just dawned on me now how nervous I was about this. I, Arabella Saehang, would be working under Tony Stark. This was for real. I checked my phone, something I do when I'm nervous.

Stranger: You ready to start working at SI?

Ari: How'd you know?

Stranger: I know Tony Stark personally.

Ari: YOU NEVER MENTIONED THAT

Stranger: Yeah I didn't want to freak you out or anything

Ari: That's so cool! What's he like as a boss?

Stranger: I personally think he's great.

Ari: Okay sorry I'm just nervous

Stranger: Don't worry about it.

I did find it weird that I was still texting this guy after I found it wasn't Lily, and I had worked everything out with her to get her real number. Turns out I was just one number off.