Chapter 3

Khai has been stood infront of the hour for nearly an hour. Two and Bone have been visiting Third and the baby for a while now, knowing that Third agreed to let Khai come too, but they've always came together. Bearing gifts and food as well as random baby stuff that Third always tried to politely decline. This time however Khai came alone as Bone and Two had work to do and had to cancel. Ever since his first visit, Khai has been texting Third every day, wishing him and the baby a nice day, saying goodnight, or just sending stickers, but Third rarely replied, and when he did, it was hours after Khai's initial text. When Khai texted Third the two other guys can't make it, he fully expected Third to tell him not to come, however he instead agreed and even replied with a cute sticker. Khai looked at his phone again, it was almost 1 and they agreed he'll come for lunch. Instead of knocking he decided to shoot Third a text saying 'I'm here'. The reply came within seconds. 'Just come in, the door is open.'

Khai tiptoed around slowly, following the sound of TV until he reached the living room. Third was laying on the sofa with Chimon sleeping on his chest, a string of drool stained Third's shirt. "Hey..." Third said softly as to not disturb his sleeping son. Khai smiled; they looked so incredibly cute together and Chimon was so damn tiny. "I got Chinese, I know you like crispy duck and noodles. I also got some...uh I don't know exactly what it is, but it's organic. The lady in the shop helped me." Khai day in the armchair and pulled various things out of a bag until he found the baby food. It was 8-12 months semi solid lunches of some fancy brand Third hasn't bought before. He picked up one tub and read the label, surprised to see how good it looked.

"Thanks...let me just put him in the cot and then we can warm up the food." Third shifted and carefully stood up, turning the baby on its back before slowly lowering him into the cot. After a little kiss on the forehead he went to the kitchen to warm up the food, his stomach happily turning when he noticed shrimp noodles, his favourite. So Khai still remembers... "Sorry for the get up..." Third pointed at his messy outfit that just screamed 'lazing around'. Consistent of sweatpants with several holes and loose, drool stained shirt, it was definitely the most stay at home outfit. Khai chuckled. "You didn't think I'd actually come, right?"

Third blushed. When Khai texted him about coming alone, he was sure the guy would bail on him or ghost him, so he didn't really bother dressing up at all. "Sorry. It's just kind of..." "Awkward?" "Yeah. I don't really know how to act around you right now." Third shrugged, snapping apart the chopsticks and finally taking a bite of his food. "I get it, I don't know either. I just know I want to spend time with you." Khai admitted before stuffing his mouth too and gobbling up his meal in few giant bites before leaning back in the armchair and just looking around at all the items that showed the love this family had. "You know, I think if you want, you can come alone. You don't have to wait for the guys to take you. I...I don't mind." Third smiled hesitantly. "I just-damn." He flinched when a little cry broke the peaceful lunchtime.

"Don't worry, I got it. Finish your food before it gets cold." Khai jumped to his feet and leaned into the cot, softly stroking the baby's cheek before picking him up. Chimon stared at him just for a second before Khai did a silly face and it was like a switch has been flipped off inside of the baby as Chimon stopped crying the moment he recognised one of his uncles. Khai sat down on the floor with him and offered a sippy cup of tea as the baby looked around, searching for his other uncles. "Un, Bone and Two aren't here, Mon. It's just you and me and your papa." Khai pointed at Third who was now finishing his meal and smiling. "He calls me dada, not papa." Third corrected him, watching as little Chimon tilted his head. "Pa...pa? Hmm..." The baby looked back at Khai. "Hmm...pa...pii?" "Chi, it's uncle Khai. Khaaai." Third knelt down and patted Khai on the leg. "Khai." "Papii." "No Chi; Khai." The baby giggled. "Papii!"