Helpy Rides Again

It was a painfully slow process, having to wait around in that hospital for what felt like an eternity. Ever since I read that note.. I couldn't stop fidgeting. I was on edge just thinking about it. It felt like my nerves had spiders in them, crawling and crawling under my skin and the only way to release them was to make it to that address. It had to be Lefty, right? It had to be. He had to have escaped. I can't lose him.
So, I waited so patiently. It nearly killed me, but I did it. The hospital and staff aren't bad.. felt nice for a while to not have to do anything. Plus, I can't resist free food. But the anticipation was killing me. And now I'm here, finally in my car after the hospital gave me the go ahead and I was done with all of that business. I felt just the slightest more at home with Helpy smiling at me. I took some painkillers, chugged some water, put in my favorite cd.. and drove.

Time Skip (8:07pm)

The second I braked and put my car in park, I felt like I was going to be sick. Like the first day of school. I don't know why I was so nervous. I was just hoping that all this works out, that Lefty will be here and I never have to worry about Fazbear Entertainment stuff ever again. I'm so over everything that has happened. I just want Lefty home.
Please.. please let this be okay.

I inhaled a deep breath and stepped out, making sure to lock my car. Yup, this place was abandoned alright. In fact, the streets leading up to it looked empty, like a ghost town. Sure no one would mind an animatronic here. Especially late at night. Hopefully one so dark that he camouflaged in the shadows. Wishful thinking.
Upon scaling the building, the doors were so rusted in that they barely opened and I could easily push them open. The second I stepped in, all I could smell was mold and dust. I took out my phone to use the flashlight. There were still tables skewed a bit, some missing chairs, decorations still strewn about the walls, and an empty stage that radiated the death of a childhood with how.. void of life it looked. No lights. Color seemed to be drained. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary for an abandoned building except...
I took a closer look at the ground and noticed some of the dust seemed to be gone from the ground in an odd shape. In the shape of an animatronic foot I knew too well. My heart leapt to my throat and I quickly started following the footprints, thankful that dust can collect out of nowhere in unclean places. My heart was pounding in my ears like a drum and my feet walked along with tempo. It had to be him. It had to be.
My voice felt weak and emotional but I couldn't help it. I turned my flashlight off so it wouldn't startle him.
"..Lefty?" I called out quietly.
As if on cue, the soft clicking of robotic joints were heard and the soft pitter patter of feet joined in. A dark, tall figure stepped out from an unseen hallway to the right. A familiar golden eye looked at me and I was able to make out the silhouette of a small top hat and round bear ears on each side. My throat tightened in a soft way and I could feel tears well in my eyes.
"(Y/N)?"
I couldn't hold it in anymore. I practically ran to him, enveloping him into a hug. He smelled musty and like smoke. But I didn't care. I had him now. Everything came pouring out. I sobbed into his chest and his arms wrapped around me. I could feel him dip his head down to place his muzzle on the top of my head.
"Why did you do that? You disappeared and you scared me half to death! I was so scared.. I thought I lost you..."
Lefty was silent before he lifted his head and aimed my own up at him. His eye was soft and he looked at me with such love, my tears just poured out more.
"I didn't want to lose you. I wouldn't be able to go on without you. I thought that if I were to perish first.. I wouldn't have to go through that. But I'm sorry. I didn't realize.. the effect it would have on you. But, I'm still here. And I promise I'm never going to leave you again if I can help it."
If I didn't cry before, I would surely have by now. I couldn't help the growing smile on my face. He made it through a full few sentences without stuttering. He spoke fluently. And he apologized. My heart swelled with an ache I couldn't place. So much has happened recently and... I finally am here with a robot I love holding me.
His hands cupped my face. I could feel the soft pads on his thumbs as he wiped my tears away.
"I love you."
He tilted his head confusingly at me. His ears bent forward.
"...What is love?"
"..Love is when you care deeply for someone. When you want to be with them all the time and make sure they're safe and happy."
His eye flicked down as he seemed to be thinking. Then he looked back to me.
"I love you too."
My stomach practically did a backflip. I hugged him again before giggling in hysterics and covering his face in kisses.
"Okay. I forgive you. But if you ever try and save me again, I will kill you."
He seemed to give out a low laugh happily.
"I make no promise."
With that, I led him back to my car. It occurs to me I can't take him home. But I suppose home really is where the heart is. When I'm with Lefty, I don't mind where we are.
For a while we talked. He asked a lot of questions. I vented some. I talked to him about my life. We watched some videos and random things on my phone. Then it dawned on me. I turned my phone off. He looked to me best he could. It was my car after all.
"...Now that all of this is seemingly over... what was going on? With the other animatronics? Who is Afton? Could you please explain to me the story?"
Lefty took in a breath seemingly.
"Okay. Henry Emily was a man who was business partners with another man named William Afton. It starts with Fazbear Entertainment."

Lefty began retelling all of what he knew. About Henry, the man I met. William, who was the weird rabbit robot corpse. His daughter, which was the pigtailed clown robot. And about himself, that was sent to capture the puppet animatronic that held the spirit of Henry's daughter. It was the reason he was eager when he heard about Lefty. And why I didn't have to pay him, because he extracted the puppet from Lefty's body that day as well. About how Lefty no longer serves that purpose. About how Afton was looking for the puppet and not Lefty. About why he needed to burn him. And that Henry was the one that started the fire at my restaurant when he had his daughter.
Truthfully? My mind was boggling. I couldn't believe the story but I suppose anything goes here. I did fall in love with a robot. Once he was finished, I was silent.
"...(Y/N)? Are you okay?"
I nodded, thinking.
"...So now that that is all over.. you are free to do as you please?"
He nodded.
"...And I can keep you?"
He nodded.
"...Then that's all that matters. Thank you for telling me. It.. means a lot. So much has happened I just.. I'm at a loss."
"It's okay."
I smiled at him.
"We can find a new home together."
I poked Helpy's little belly, his happy grin never faltering.
It'll take a while to get back on my feet. But as long as I had Lefty beside me, I knew I could overcome a lot.
For the next few days, I had to sadly leave Lefty at that abandoned Freddy's until I had a new place. I stayed in a hotel with what leftover money I had and I visited him everyday.

So at this point? I'm apartment hunting, I have a day job at the mall until I can get a cooler, better job, and more than anything, I have Lefty again. I sort of set up a little hang out room in the old restaurant with some of the leftover belongings I had. I always visit, bring my phone and some snacks and we spend a few hours together. We even managed to find some old board games in the restaurant. He is good at card games, but he has nothing on me in Monopoly. Some of my family came to visit, full of sympathy. They helped out a lot, thankfully with financial and emotional support. They even rented out a storage unit for some more furniture they wanted to give me when I moved out. It is a great start for when I got an apartment. I told them I was fine and I think that this will definitely be a new chapter in my life. One that I really couldn't wait to start. A next, new chapter. I couldn't wait.