Chapter Three

"Bella

"Bella."

"Bella, wake up."

Isabella was sleeping when she heard a voice calling her name.

"Angel, wake up."

She thought it was her father trying to wake her up, so, still half asleep, she opened her mouth and said, "Daddy?"

"Daddy? I'm not your daddy."

Isabella awoke abruptly when she heard who was really trying to wake her up. She snapped her eyes open and looked at the person in front of her, who had been standing quite close to her face.

She screamed loudly and sat up quickly, hitting her back on the headboard in shock. "Aiden!" She placed her hand on her chest, feeling her heart racing.

Aiden laughed hysterically.

She just called him Daddy.

She slapped his shoulder hard and Aiden rubbed the spot she smacked, still laughing.

"Stop laughing!" she whined, sticking her bottom lip out.

"I'm sorry." He snorted, trying to catch his breath.

Isabella folded her arms over her chest while sitting with her legs crossed, pouting in embarrassment.

Aiden's laughter died down as he stared at her, looking guilty. "I'm sorry," he mumbled.

Isabella looked at him and grinned.

She scooted closer to her best friend and wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his shoulder. "It's okay."

She felt his arms wrap around her waist, hugging her tightly. It was funny how he was so much taller than Isabella now. The first time she met him, all those years ago, they were about the same height. Now, he was five-foot-eleven, while she barely reached five-foot-six.

It was ridiculous.

Aiden had been her best friend for twelve years and he meant everything to her. She was grateful to have him in her life.