Chapter Eleven

This was ridiculous

This was ridiculous.

Isabella's alarm clock just wouldn't shut up.

Her hand searched for the snooze button and silenced the annoying ringing that was drilling into her head.

She groaned, shifting her body on the bed. Her mind traveled to the day before when she had learned Aiden's secret. Thinking about it again was making her nauseous.

Aiden wouldn't get to see the good things in life, he just would not make it. He probably wouldn't be able to attend prom, graduate from high school and college, find a girlfriend to call his own, get married, or have kids. He wouldn't be able to live a normal life.

Thinking about that made Isabella numb. She didn't know how much time he had left. He wouldn't be able to enjoy life like he deserved.

After ten minutes of lying in bed, Isabella tossed the blanket off and went to the bathroom to get ready for school. She didn't feel like going but didn't have a choice on the matter. Isabella brushed her teeth and then walked to the shower, turning on the hot water.

Once the water was warm, she stripped her clothes off and went in the shower, allowing the water to stream over her from head to toe.

Isabella was in the middle of shampooing her hair when she heard soft voices in the room. It was strange since she hadn't heard the door open from the bathroom or heard anyone knock. She focused on the whispers, trying to make out where they were coming from.

After a while, she heard the voices getting louder and realized the voices were coming from her head.

He's going to leave you, Bella.

He'll never come back.

You might as well give up and forget about him.

All you care about is yourself, not Aiden.

You're nothing but a selfish brat.

Aiden is not going to be around you for very long.

Do you think he'll care about you now?

You're dead to him.

Aiden is going to be dead.

"Stop!"

The room went silent except for the water hitting the ground.

She didn't hear any more voices.