To Stop An Army

Flashing torch lights lit up around the perimeter of the castle. Malleus was sitting in his quarters preparing their strategy to take control of the human land.

Don't worry, Mother. I will take revenge on those awful humans for you...

Knock! Knock!

"Your Majesty, may I be permitted entry?"

"Come in, Lilia."

Lilia entered the office with a concerned look over his face. He then sat down opposite of the prince and looked at the war plans.

"Are such detailed layouts necessary for conquering such a small species?"

"If they're capable of killing my mother, then they're a threat to everyone. Mother was one of the most powerful fae in the entirety of Briaria."

"You know, your Mother had the power to see into the future, yes?" Lilia asked.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Malleus questioned.

"Queen Malenoa often had visions. Which is why she didn't fight her fate. She knew she was going to die, so she accepted it. She had many visions, several of which were scattered across time."

"I know that; I've had some myself. My only problem is... why now have humans found a way to return to my kingdom? I've never had a vision relating to that."

"You mean human, as in singular? He's just a child, Your Majesty. He wouldn't know any better."

Malleus got up, his eyes glowing bright green. "Are you perhaps suggesting something as treasonous as sparing a killer? Despite the fact they murdered my own mother?"

"Oh, pish posh," Lilia replied. "If anything, the worst a human child could do is pinch you. Besides... the boy is not responsible for the death of Queen Malenoa."

"What does having a vision have to do with that human child?"

"Maybe the human child received one of her last visions."

Malleus stopped. "Impossible."

"Then why would he have come alone?"

"What?"

Lilia got up and looked out the window of the quarters. "If humans wanted to destroy Briaria, that boy would have brought an entire army with him. And yet, there he was, alone and afraid. Everything here towers above him. And he made a friend here."

"Who?" Malleus asked.

"Silver."

"Silver made friends with a human?" Malleus asked. "Of course... he's unaware of their evil nature."

"Silver is special. He can sense the good in others. Why do you think animals always crowd around him? They know he is kind and he can sense intentions. In fact, he liked the human boy so much that he claims to love him."

"That's... ridiculous..." Malleus trailed off.

"You were once in love yourself, you know. Though two different species, before your mother died, you loved a human too."

"That was long ago. They're long dead, now."

"But you knew they were good, yes?" Lilia asked. Malleus didn't respond; he simply turned away.

"Perhaps I did... once..."

~

BAM! BAM! BAM!

"Your Majesty! I need a word with you!"

"Silver?" Lilia asked. Malleus whirled to the door and growled.

"What is it? Make it worth my time."

"We need to talk to you!" Riddle's voice chimed in, small and light like a bird.