A New World

Earth 120703

After losing his wife and daughter, Y/N's world felt a little colder, colours weren't as bright, his smile wasn't as wide. Everything had finally lost it's meaning, he became vengeful. 

Midnight has been having the time of his life as he eats bad guy after bad guy. They were ridding the world of bad people, never satisfied now that there was a hole in Y/N's heart and Midnight's heart. 

As much as Midnight pretended not to care, he loved Kelly and Rosie even Y/N but he will never tell him that. 

Y/N is sitting at the grave of his wife and daughter as rain pours heavily down on him, the world feeling just like he did. 

"I miss you Kelly and you Rosie. I sold the house, I couldn't be there without you. I hope you forgive me for that. The zoo is doing well, it's hard to be there but I know you loved that place so I can't bring myself to sell it."

Y/N sighs running his fingers through his wet hair. 

"I wish heaven had visiting hours and I would ask them if I could take you home. Yet they'd tell me it's for the best so I will live life the way you taught me and make it on my own."

He rests his head on the headstone letting the tears fall freely down his face. He stands up leaving the graveyard as the rain falls onto him.

He walks into the run down hotel he is staying at after a close run in with Spiderman. He kicks off his shoes and lays in the middle of the bed since it is late and he has no where to be. Midnight's head appears from Y/N's shoulder looking at his host.

"You're sad."

"Yeah, it's not the same without Kelly and Rosie."

"I miss them too."

"You never interacted with them though?"

"They meant a lot to you so they meant a lot to me."

"Are you saying you care about me?"

"You ruined the moment."

Y/N laughs as Midnight turns away from him.

"I care about you too Midnight. You're the best symbiote anyone could have."

They both fall silent as Y/N turns on the TV watching the news since no other channel works.

"You're my favourite host Y/N."

"Thanks buddy. What is it like being a symbiote?"

"80 million light-years of hive knowledge might kill you but I can show you the smallest fraction of the things we symbiotes have experienced."

"Yeah show me."

Midnight disappears back inside Y/N. A low-pitched rumble sounds off as Y/N begins to look uncomfortable. The television in front of him begins to glitch as the room chaotically shifts from Y/N's shabby room to a five star hotel room.

"What's happening?!"

"Oh, no! No, no, no!"

Y/N rockets to a sitting position as the shift completes.

"What the hell just happened?!"

"Was that you?"

"No!"

Y/N looks at the TV where they both see J. Jonah Jameson talking about how Peter Parker is Spiderman. Y/N walks over to the TV with a smirk on his face. 

"We have you now Spiderman."