A Hero's Return

People of all races and from all countries arrived in droves to catch a glimpse of their hero. Arthur Leywin, the commoner boy trained by the commander himself, the human that became lance for the elves, had successfully ended the long war.

Thanks to a concerted effort between Commander Virion of the Tri-Union Forces and Commander Seris of the Rebellion Forces, High Sovereign Agrona and his Vritran brethren had been defeated. Lady Sylvie had taken the spotlight as the new head of the Indrath Clan, bringing along with her great change to Epheotus. For the first time in what had felt like forever even in the long lives of the asuras, an era of peace had finally arrived across all three continents.

And it was all thanks to the efforts and sacrifices of a single, humble human commoner. Arthur Leywin. Gifted in swordsmanship and magic, he captivated and charmed everyone who ever met him, his sense of justice and simple desire to keep his family safe made him a beacon for those of all statuses and races.

He was only 14 when the war started in earnest, but he sacrificed his time and energy, blood and tears for the past 7 years to save those he loved. And he succeeded.

The portal surged with ancient power as the familiar distinctive sound of its use filled the air charged with excitement as everyone waited in glee for their hero to cross its threshold.

Arthur Leywin was exhausted, mentally and physically spent. After he had been captured by Alacryan forces nearly 3 years ago, he had been away from his friends and family with no way of knowing if they were even alive and safe. He spent most of his time working diligently with his allies on that foreign continent to come up with a way to save the innocent people of both lands from the clutches of those that tried to play God. Both Seris and Caera among others had become close friends during this time, and he knew his bonds with all of them would last for the rest of his life.

But after he had separated Agrona's head from his torso, a sudden wave of activity erupted from Alacrya as Seris put her plan in motion. Arthur had spent every waking moment for as long he could remember simply working to get to the end of the war. He had spent little time thinking or preparing for what comes next.

Soon after a heartfelt and cheerful celebration among his peers on the continent that had been his enemies for so long, he felt pushed to the wayside. Everyone was thankful for him and his service. But when all you are is a weapon, there is little use you serve during times of peace.

He was fine with it. If it meant his family was happy and safe, and that he could finally see them again, he would go through everything again. Many folds over.

Arthur cringed as he heard the thundering sound of cheering after he set foot in Dicathen for the first time in years. He knew the best thing to do would be to greet the crowd that had arrived at the portal in Xyrus to see him, but he could care less at the moment what the correct thing to do was, or what others would want him to do.

He wanted to see his family and wanted to see them now. He flew over the growing crowd and deafening fanfare, which somehow was still fainter than his heartbeat.

He didn't really know where to go, or where they could possibly be waiting for him, but he made an educated guess and flew to Helstea Estate.

Arthur approached the gates of the sprawling estate with a sense of awe and excitement. This was the home of Vincent Helstea, one of the most successful merchants in the country, and it was said to be one of the most lavish and opulent properties in the region. But to Arthur, Vincent was his uncle, and this was a place he called home for so many years.

As he was greeted at the gate by a pair of uniformed guards and escorted up the winding drive to the main residence, Arthur couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation. The mansion was a sight to behold, with its grand columns, imposing facade, and sparkling windows.