Chapter 2

Sanctify

The rays of sunlight peaks through the painted windows. All eyes were onto her as she speaks every line and the others repeats the same thing. A melodic piano follows her every word as she sings the sacred song with her heart. She stands infront of the cemented white reading area and is looking down on the book of sacred psalm. As she sings, the birds does too.

It's another day again for Faith, she praises the lord in any way she can. It's the link of her life now, she couldn't live without it.

Her eyes would be looking down the piece then back at the people who are listening to her as she sings the psalm. Faith's white attire gave her so much distinct description of purity.

Honey was the great description of her voice, though she doesn't sing a lot but she shares the voice that os created for her. Mellifluous tones echoed inside the Cathedral, it was like her voice is flowing with pure honey, so sweetened with or as if her voice is with honey.

When Faith was done she takes a deep breath before going down on the stairs, her eyes immediately landed on a familiar person. The woman had a stoic reaction but her eyes glimmered a little. She immediately turns around and bows her head at the altar before going to an empty chair.

"Ang galing mo." Mahinang saad ng kaibigan niyang si Klyd habang naglalakad si Faith papalapit kung saan siya at nakita niya ito na pumapalakpak ang kamay ngunit walang tunog ito.

"Kailangan ko ibigay ang best ko ano." Saad ni Faith naka simangot at naningkit ang kanyang mata na nakatingi sa kaibigan. Nagtaas ng tingin si Faith sa mga dumalo sa linggohang misa. Maraming tao ngayon.

"And it is the best." Wika ni Klyd sakanya at mainam na napangiti kay Faith. Agad napatikom at ngiti nilang dalawa nang makita ang isang babae na nasa kuwarenta ang edad. Ang ina ni Faith ay namatingin sa kanila ngayon kaya:t napayuko sila bago napatawa ng mahina dahil malapit silang mapagalitan.

Naglilikot talaga ang mga mata ni Faith dahilan ng pag titingin tingin siya sa mga mga tao. Masaya siya na marami na ang mga ito, sobrang saya niya sakanyang mga nakita. Nagtungtong ang mata niya ulit sa babae, nakatingin ng seryoso sa pari na may binabahagi.

Ah, iyong babae na paminsan-minsan lang niyang makita sa bahay ng Laxamana. Nakaupo ito sa pang anim na upuan, malayo pero dahil kilala ang niya ang mukha ng babae ay hindi naman siya nalito.

Hindi ito nakadress kagaya ng kasama niyang babae pero kumportable siya tignan na naka white long sleeves ito at beige color na lower. Kuminang ang palamuti niya sakanuang tainga at biglang gumilaw ang mata nito.

The woman was giving her a sudden side eye but not in a bad way, it's as if she knew she was being looked at. Faith almost choked in mid shock because of it, this instantly made Faith look away and then go back to the priest who is sharing her homily.

᳃᳃᳃❅᳃᳃᳃

"May gagawin ka mamaya, Faith?" Tanong ni Klyd sakanya habang nag wawalis sa daanan ng mga tao.

Faith hummed a response as she also brooms the dusts off the tiled floor. "Wala naman. Pupunta lang ako sa bahay tapos mamayang hapon sa palengke para bumali ng baboy na lulutoin ni Mama." She responded back before she keeps sweeping the tiles.

She stopped mid to lift her stare to see, both women were talking with Father Caleb. He seemed to be explaining something to them. The other one was smiling and nodding her head but the other was just nodding her head her lips were just sealed then arms were cross

"Sino pala sila, Klyd?" Biglang tanong ni Faith at tumingin sa kaibigan na nasa upuan na para mag relax, sumunod lang din naman si Faith. Sinamahan niya ang kaibigan  na mamahinga dahil sa dami ng kanilang wawalisin.