Chapter 23

Save my Soul

Warning

Faith looks at the empty hall way of the convent, she's cleaning quietly there because it was one of her tasks after breakfast and prayer. The other sisters stayed inside their rooms to carry out their prayer but Faith would be cleaning outside. A habit of hers that she developed here.

"Sister Verona." Pag bigay pansin ni Faith sa isang madre na naglalakad papunta sakanya. Mukhang tapos na ito sa pag tatanim ng mga gulay.

"Nag tanim ako ng kalabasa doon, Sister Faith. Kakatapos ko lang." Ngiting saad nito at nakahikab. Napasandal si Verona sa gilid ng bintana ang huminga ng malalim.

"Pahinga ka muna." Wika ni Faith at tapos na rin ito sa paglilinis. Nilagay niya sa tamang lalagyan walis tsaka naglakad patungo kay Verona.

She glanced outside the window and her lips curved a little seeing the gate. Surely it's been a month now and she never saw Carina after that night. She was probably threatened and who knows what's happening to her back in their place.

It gave Faith quite a heartache but she trusts the woman, Carina will go back to her.

"Who're you waiting for?" Verona smiled as she turns her head to look outside the window as well.

"No one." Faith shakes her head not mention her slight longing for her lover that she has no idea where it is.

"Oh, I get it." Verona immediately nodded her head when she understood Faith's action.

Faith let's out a short laugh then shaked her head. "Sister Philomena really made your lover stop visiting,huh." Verona couldn't help but frown. Faith nodded her head, there's no helping to that knowing the Sister Philomena means it when she says it.

"She promised she'll come back, so I'll have to wait for that." Faith responds with a slight smile on her face. She trusts that woman with all her heart. She doesn't know what's going on out there but she hopes that Carina would be at least fine.

No matter how bitter or lonely Faith's heart feels, all she could do is pray for her lover's safety outside that nothing would harm her. She couldn't wait for the time the two of them will be seeing each other. After they are free from all the people who hurt them, they will be happy and away from those people.

"Happy thoughts!" Verona clapped her hands putting Faith back to her usual attitude.

Faith nodded her head then smiled. "Right, Happy thoughts. Think positive, Faith." Faith gulped as she gives herself a little cheer up.

"So, about your lover. Ano nga ulit pangalan niya?" Parang iniiba nalang ni Verona ang kanilang pinag uusapan para mapangiti man lang si Faith.

"Her name is Carina." Ngiting sabi ni Faith at napasimangot agad ito dahil nakaramdam siya ng pangungulila.

Napatango si Verona at agad itong napasinghap ng hangin sabay pag tingin kay Faith na nabigla. "Wait, Carina?"

"Oo bakit?"  Nagsalubong ang kilay ni Faith.

"And your name is Faith." Verona murmured.

"Oo, bakit ba kase?" Faith's brows furrowed even more because of Verona's thrilling small talk.

"Carina means desire, it also means close to temptation. And you're Faith, the faithful." Ngiting saad nito at napakurap kurap si Faith ng bahagya.

"Hindi ba't sabi mo sakin, you have never been tainted by sin or you have not surrendered to sin not until you met her, tama?" Namumulang tumango si Faith, marami na siyang sinasabi kay Verona. Hindi naman halata na namimiss na niya ang kanyang nobya.