twenty two

„Appa." Said the girl, running into her dad's arms.

It took the group a while to notice the open door but soon the whole group left the gym.

Everyone was now outside, catching they're breath's while I was still inside, staring at the now turned Joon-yeong.

Guilt spread all over my body and the only thing I wanted to do was throwing me into the heard of zombies just to experience the same pain Joon-yeong had to go through because of me.

„Y/N." Cheong-san whispered, tugging me by my sleeve. I didn't respond, my gaze still fixed on Joon-yeong.

„Y/N." He repeated, louder this time but I still didn't react.

„Y/N!" Cheong-san yelled, pulling me outside of the gym. Not even a second later the doors to the gym were shut. If Cheong-san wouldn't have pulled me out in time, I probably would've been a zombie by now.

Everyone around me was panting hard, still catching their breaths. My eyes were still filled with tears, the guilt eating me from the inside.

On-jo's father was now hugging Cheong-san when I suddenly felt a cold hand on my shoulder. I flinched for a second when I saw Su-hyeok standing behind me. „Just me." He whispered.

I stayed quiet, looking at the door that was separating us from Joon-yeong. Just because of me he wasn't here with us, on our side.

Su-hyeok seemed to notice a tear rolling down my cheek when he softly grabbed me by my shoulders, forcing me to look at him. „Yah, yah, yah. What's wrong?" He asked worriedly, scanning my face.

More and more tears escaped my eyes when he asked me that question.

Everything, every single thing was wrong.

„It's.. It's all my fault." I cried out quietly.

Su-hyeok's eyebrows furrow quickly, hearing me blame myself. „Don't you ever say that, got it?" He asked.

I was still crying, not bothering to reply to him.

„Y/N, did you hear me? Don't you ever blame yourself, okay? None of this is your fault, none."

When our eyes met, I could've sworn I saw a tear build up in his eye, too. „Please, dont even think that it's your fault, okay?" He asked me.

„Okay." I whispered, lowering my head as I felt him pulling me into his embrace.

And then I felt safe again. I really don't know why being held by Su-hyeok gave me this much comfort, but it somehow managed to make me stop crying.

Su-hyeok's hand wandered down to mine, interlacing them. He held my hand tightly, giving me all the reassurance I needed.

Soon, we all were listening to Mister Nam explaining a plan to escape.

We had to go through the tennis court, past the construction site and then make our way to the mountains, trying to reach Yangdong.

Mister Nam was in the middle of explaining when we all heard a zombie run up to us. I saw Su-hyeok gripping onto his baseball bat tightly but before he could do something stupid Mister Nam attacked the zombies, snapping it's leg. „Run kids, run!" The middle aged man yelled.