chapter sixteen

That night Laenerys didn't get any sleep but nor did Cregan as he stayed up comforting her.

The man had been imprisoned and Ned, Benjin and Rickon had all already tortured him to some extent as they all loved Laenerys very deeply and hated to see that happen to anyone especially someone in their family.

And Laenerys was mad. She wanted to know why he tried to do something like that to her. It could be that he was just another stupid man but she had a gut feeling that it was something else.

Her mind was plagued with how his hands felt on her body and how digested she felt.

"Laenerys?" A raspy voice entered her ears from beside her in the bed."Are you okay?" The voice asked once more.

She only nodded in reply though still not really sure herself if she was okay.

Just then two large arms wrapped themselves around her waist. The touch at first made her flinch and she could feel him retracting his arms because of it but she soon after grabbed them and moved them back.

"I don't know." She whispered gently as she let herself sink into his arms.

As some silent years started to fall from her eyes and she thought about what had happened once more she couldn't help but remember the promise that Cregan had made to her.

"You said that no one would ever hurt me again." She said through silent cries and whimpers. "You lied to me." She whispered at the end.

That was when she felt his hands moved as he let go of her and sat up. Laenerys turned around to face him as he did so.

His eyes held a sense of sorrow in them as he couldn't of protected his own wife. He felt guilty even though he knew it wasn't his fault.

He hated to say it but he had already fallen hard for the Targaryen girl but who could blame him. One look at her lushish silver locks and violet eyes that anyone could get lost in would enchant even the strongest of men.

"Laenerys." He mumbled as his hand dragged over his face and he turned around to face her once more.

His hands then reached up to room both her cheeks his thumb ran over them rubbing gently against her skin and wiping away her tears.

Cregans hand remained on her cheek as his other one went up to cup her face as well.

"I love you." He said with a small pause.

His words made Laenerys freeze for a moment as she took in what he had just said.

The pairs eyes then met, her violet ones mixing with his of deep blue.

There was silence for a while as the two of them just stared at each other for a while.

Laenerys said nothing to him in reply still in shock about what Cregan had just told her.

That was until she moved her face closer his and pushed her arms around his neck and crashed her lips against his own.