Chapter 3: Encounter

A/N: my ocs in my old art above. one is down bad and one is low-key yandere vibes but yeah, they love each other very much. they are married, your honor (as they say) 

Happy Reading!!

-----------------------

Strangely, that kid reminded of my old life. Maybe it was because since waking up as William, i have no one to talk to informally or talk to kids close to my age. Maybe i just missed the nostalgia of just having a random conversation.

Hmm... What should i do next before going back? I'm honestly still not in the mood to leave.

After all, I still have yet to think of an answer to mother's question about my gift...

What would I wish for in my birthday? What would an eight year old aristocrat son would want?

Furthermore... How the hell can i escape my death flag???

Running away doesn't seem to be a sound option. There has to be a way to make the protagonist take my identity without killing me.

And the option i have in mind is to run away.

I'm dumb, I'm sorry.

Close the gap between Albert and I? It's too bad OG William only existed for a chapter and got roasted (literally) so I don't know any information that could help me mend my relationship with him.

Getting on his good side will lessen my chances of getting killed, probably. I've consumed a lot of isekai plots and this what most reincarnated villains do in order to survive but... I can't be so sure.

All I know that compared to the usual isekai I've read, YuuMori is definitely not shounen by genre.

Aaaaah geez!! Think, Hiyori!! Think!!

If i can't think of any solution, I'll meet my bad end!!

"Let's go back to the carriage, I guess..."

I mean, that poor driver is probably waiting for me for a long time.

I better return back to the mansion so I could check these pencils I bought.

***

"Where were you?"

Surprise, surprise, it was Albert who found me at the entrance the moment i stepped out of the carriage.

"Etto... I went outside..?" when I saw him make a deadpan expression, I quickly replied. "I bought some... things."

"On your own?"

"I have a driver so not quite alone, I suppose."

Just why does it have to be him as soon as I entered?! I mean, I don't really hate Albert but it's just... He is my death flag. I know I was thinking of getting his good side but I am not mentally prepared to talk to him now.

I still don't know what to say in order to mend our relationship. T-T

"...It's strange of you to suddenly go out." is what he said.

I can't blame him for thinking like that.

"I... Just felt like it." I awkwardly answered. "I mean... Albert-nii-san also go out on his own... Should I not instead?"

Albert only looked at me for a few seconds before shaking his head.

"Do as you like. I won't be stopping you."

I let out a sigh in relief he didn't press for more details. Though, I have to admit... It's weird he didn't ask me further. Then again, who am I for him to focus his attention for?