Eleven

At the age of 14 Flora went through a horrible breathing capability. It was so bad that she'd cry for hours sometimes hiding in the bathroom, the crying didn't last for long though cause her lungs couldn't afford enough air to let her cry. It was hurting to cry. So she'd paint her emotions. Angrily taking her aggression out on the papers . Later she started to express all kinds of emotions through her drawings. Some didn't even make sense to most.

Sam always understood Flora's art though or most of it. Like when she drew a family portrait of them. In that portrait Sam was giggling with Daniel in the living room while Amanda had her arm wrapped around Flora's shoulder. Beside them Anthony had a video game controller in his hands. Flora had one in her hands too. But the difference is everyone was normal in there. Flora however had her lungs ripped out of her chest with defected written over the black lungs and her eyes were streaming down with tears and her legs were nothing but bones and her neck was cracked. When Amanda saw that drawing she had a breakdown and Daniel was so concerned about both of them at the time. Sam however understood, Flora was in so much pain that she felt dead already. 

" Oh my God, Flora!" Sam said in disbelief when Johnny had enough mercy to let the Miyagi-Dos have a water break she had snuck up to catch up with her younger sister who was sitting on the porch of the dojo with her sketch book and pencils. Pencils of different kinds were scattered around her feet.

" What?" Flora elegantly asked, " Are you okay, Samantha? " Flora's accent sounding more English as she looked at her sister who had widened eyes with concern. 

" Me?" Sam questioned, " Are you okay?"

" Yes?" The confusion let her answer come out more like a question. 

" What are you drawing, Flora?" Sam asked her softly taking a step closer, having enough experience she knew that Flora was lost in blankness till now.

" I-" She went to answer but nothing came, she didn't know, lost in thoughts she had just let her hands do whatever they wanted to draw, so the blonde looked down, and her eyes widened. 

" Fuck!" Flora whispered looking at the sketches of Eli she had drawn, all of them were in black and white.  There was him doing that stupid smirk that got on her nerves. There was him doing the child like smile that made her flush. There was him holding his hand out, she remembered when he had helped her cross the road...there was him......him....him....again and again...

She turned the page, " Fuck!" There was his side profile.

" Fuck" She cussed again as the next page was similar as well, " Fuck." The next one too....she kept cussing until she reached the page where she had a sketch of.......Hawk, the bird, thank god she thought, " What the fuck is going on?!"

" Do you have a crush?" Sam asked. 

" Yes. Harry fucking Styles." Flora replied in frustration, " And Sadie stunning Sink."

"Did you get taller?" She asked next as she sat down next to her, calm and reserved Flora was always better than a frustrated one.

" I don't like E-" Flora cut off, " Taller?" Flora asked in disbelief as her expression calmed down,  " Did I? Crazy hormones. Better late than never they say." 

Sam smiled, " Are you okay talking about this?" She put a hand on the sketchbook.

Flora shut the sketchbook immediately, " Slap me, would you?"

" What?" The older girl's eyes widened. 

" Yep, slap me." Flora gulped, " And we ought to destroy this thing." She frowned, " I'm speaking ripping it apart and then burning it off unless you've got your hands on some page disappearing substance that might vanish this.... "

" I don't understand. " Sam frowned, " Why is this such a big deal?"

" Because Sam..." Flora exclaimed, " I like...." She stopped herself, God! Am I gonna throw up! She then again started, " I like Eli."

Why wouldn't she? He has been nothing but patient with her sarcasm. He was funny and he understood her. He was helpful when she didn't understand mathematics. He always helped her cross the road even though he still teases her about it. He went to a stupid costume party with her which was a total bore but he made it fun....by getting on her nerves and maybe that's why she liked him. He would even reply to her at 3 a.m. She was stupid to not realize it faster, not untill her subconscious mind left signs. He didn't even hold grudges for almost getting killed by a fry pan.

" Okay. Progress. Acceptance. " Sam gave a nod.

" And I just found out that I like him." She added.

" I mean I don't see much to like." Sam told, " But ummm....Flora! You've a crush!" She excitedly exclaimed. 

" I have a crush! " Flora gracefully said before letting out a groan, " An American experience is fucking crazy for me."

" It's okay to like someone. " Her sister said with an unsure smile.

" But I'm not supposed to." Flora looked up at her, " He was horrible to you. And huh....you hate him and I should too." Guilt shadowed her eyes.

" I don't hate him." Sam told her.

" No?" Flora's voice dropped with shock, " Were I being feeded lies all my existence? "

Sam chuckled at how worked up and dramatic Flora sounded, " I don't like him either but doesn't mean I have to hate him, right?"

Flora silently sat there for a second and then she looked up at Sam, " What do you do when you have a crush on someone who gets on your nerves half the time and has a deadarse hairstyle but looks like a five course meal as well?"

" I-" Sam was at loss of words.

" Right. I'm a mess, it's not like I can just walk up to that attractive looking bastard and kiss him." Flora hopelessly said.

Sam let out a sigh, " Now I kind of want to question this. You sure you like him and this is not a I want to kill this guy so I'm drawing him countless times?"

" Sam..." Flora called out.

" Yeah?"

" I feel them."

" What?"

" The butterflies trying to fly out of my stomach. "

...........