Seventeen

Flora texted Moon that she was going to be at the beach house she didn't need to kidnap her or anything and then tossed her phone onto the bed.

She fucking hated Saturday.

She woke up at 8 a.m and was unable to sleep after that and now that the clock ticked closer to 6 p.m she just wanted to ditch the party and sleep.

But there she was wearing her pastel blue bikini as she stared at herself in the mirror. Ugly, that's the first thought came to her mind as she looked at all her surgery scars, over her ribcage, under her collar bone, her waist, her stomach, no not ugly, she thought correcting herself, Broken, somehow that word felt even worse. Those scars reminded her that she was broken. Survival scars makes you tough but when you're born with something as horrible as S.C.I.D you were just born broken and all those scars reminded her that she was just taped up to look fixed she was nothing like the others.

She pulled on her jean shorts as she kept glaring at her reflection like it was something toxic.

" You look beautiful. " Sam's voice was suddenly heard as Flora clutched her chest in surprise, how dark has her thoughts had gotten that she didn't hear her extremely loud with doors sister walk in, " I know they're not just scars but you don't owe anyone any explanation. Just tell them you fought a werewolf or something. They'll most likely believe you. "

" I'm not ashamed of my scars if that's what you think. " Flora said quietly to justify her feelings.

" I know you're not." Sam said sympathically, " You just hate the reminders."

Flora shrugged, she didn't remember it but she heard Amanda talking to Jessica about how horrible that day had been when Flora was just six months old and was under going her first surgery.

Bone marrow transplant with Daniel. They both were in different operation rooms on different floors and Amanda was racing between 2nd floor and 6th floor every now and then.

Now that she wonders it feels horrible, how much her parents has given for her. Maybe that's why when depression reached out to her guilt kept the suicidal thoughts away.

Flora put on a dark green mesh button down shirt, the way she liked it, all the scars locked away like they never happened, ugh skinny dipping.

" Ready to be a summer child? " The blonde asked looking back at her sister as she grinned elegantly.

" Let me borrow your green eye liner for a second first." Her sister replied with a roll of her eyes and a sad smile.

" Go on, just don't make it look weird." She replied as Sam looked up at her in offense.

" I don't make anything look weird. " Sam defensively said reaching for Flora's cosmetics bag.

" You're wearing a green jumpsuit with pink flip-flops, Sam!" Flora stated boredly, " You like....just killed fashion here."

Sam looked down awkwardly before realising she accidentally wore the wrong flip-flops, " I will change, wait a minute. " As she left the room with the eye liner in her hand.

" You ought to return my thing for thy knowledge, don't steal my Mamma Mia eye liner." She yelled in her accent with rage.

..............

" Wait, wait! Where are you two going?" Amanda stopped her daughters by the patio as they were leaving the house for Yasmin's party.

" Ya-" Flora went to answer.

" Yasmin and Moon wanted to hit the spa and we are gonna catch a movie and then sleepover at Moon's. I told you last night. " Sam cut her off quickly, "Flo needs girls time."