Twenty Three

" Oh my god!" Sam's eyes widened with worry as she walked into Flora's bedroom the next morning. With her hair messy the blonde was bawling her eyes out, " What happened? Is it Eli? Do I need to kick his ass?"

Amanda was over Flora's closet, taking out old clothes for donation, " No, she's having her weekly breakdown over One Direction's split." And then  she turned looking down at Flora with curiosity, " Eli? What'd happen with him?"

" We made out yesterday." Flora replied smiling a little while sniffing as she put her One Direction photo album away. She woke up at 4 a.m and went to the bathroom, while peeing sudden realization had hit her and she remembered One Direction's spilt and ended up bawling her eyes out.

" Flo!" Sam's eyes widened making her squeak. 

" Thanks for explaining the reason behind the turtle necked sweater, I thought you got sick again." Amanda scoffed in disbelief, it was burning hot, " Get changed, your dad's not up yet. Probably not going to be after drinking that much."

" Drinking? " Sam asked frowning. 

" Ah!" Flora clicked her tongue, "Probably hanging out with Johnny again. " She nodded thoughtfully then looked at Sam, " Did you need something? "

" Right! The light in my bathroom blacked out." Sam told remembering, " Can I use yours?"

" Yeah sure, just do not musterbate with the shower head." She replied boredly as Sam flushed and Amanda let out a gasp, " I saw it on Degrassi, well not saw it, but I did hear it, never applied it on myself though, I promise. "

" Well, that's a relief. " Amanda muttered as Sam slipped into the attached bathroom with her towel to avoid the conversation. The last thing she needed was her sex life being a topic of Flora and Amanda's morning conversation. 

Flora went back to get the tissue box and replay the live video of Story Of My Life on her laptop for the 7th time that morning, when Amanda took a seat beside her. It was hard to find a place in her bed. Amanda wondered how Flora managed to sleep in there with the clothes and books and laptop and art supplies.

" You like Eli?" Amanda asked in a serious tone.

" So much." Flora replied without a hint of playfulness or sarcasm as her eyes were stuck on her laptop screen. 

" Why?"

" Cause he makes me happy. " She replied sincerely making Amanda fight a smile, " And he is funny, and he is hot." She grinned without even realizing, " He is a little psychopathic but nothing I can't deal with." Then she turned to look at her mother, " I know dada and you have a different judgement about him but he's not that. I don't know why he broke Dem's arm or vandalised the dojo but he is trying his best to not be that person ever again. He made some terrible mistakes, but he is not a terrible person."

Amanda noticed the spark in Flora's eyes as she spoke about Eli, the small smile on her lips like she was so proud of him, " Then what kind of person is he?" She asked her daughter. 

" You know......he's someone you could fall in love with." She said before sillyly giggling,  " I mean not you. Me. I could fall in love with." She corrected her words,  " He acts all alpha shit but he is like a little baby penguin. "  She couldn't help her smile or the growing blush on her cheeks.

" So you said you guys made out."  Her mother pointed out, " Are you two dating now?"

This time Flora didn't instantly answered but paused for a moment, " I don't know, he never really asked me out officially. " She then let out a sad sigh, " I don't want to be clingy."