Chapter 2

I was 5, me Justin Foely, I was 5 when I moved to a town side from the city. My parents they wanted me to be in a more peaceful environment, as country side, suggested by Dr.fiddletoe. (my therapist)

I had Bipolar Anhedonia, means I can't feel or express a lot of emotions, like you people do. Even being a toddler, both of my parents were working, both were surgeon, working late at nights, practically living at the hospital and often left me alone with a babysitter, who couldn't care less of me, she was a high school kid. so I was a loner from start, I didn't have many people to share anything or even any friends. I was homeschooled till 5. It was normal at first nobody noticed but eventually my parents realised I had never cried. Yes of course, I could laugh, smile and do most of the happy stuff. But was never able to cry my eyes out. And yeah I did feel bad about things, but I wasn't crying as tears never came off my eyes, even though I got hurt, I could feel the pain just like any normal being. And according to Dr.fiddletoe these part of emotions are more important than the happy ones. He meant, it's necessary to cry. And well, we moved to a town side, so I could make some actual friends and have a better surrounding. I was too young to realise the concept of mourning, in order to accept some harsh reality, it is necessary to cry. To let out pain, drift away. Crying was a medium to do that. It was all too much for me to understand. I was just glad that I'm the most happiest person and I would never need anything to cry for.

That's how old I was when I met butterfingers. Aka Drake. No one really knows why he got that name. Well, he was my neighbour and my first best friend. More like first friend ever, Usually town side people are nice to everyone, but I found them boring, but butters was different, he always make things interesting, he kept telling me, I was the bravest person he ever met. I could never cry no matter how bad things get and he was more proud of that than me. It felt like he actually saw me as a person, where others treated me like a sick child. We did have other friends. But only butters got me. I could really tell him anything. Half of my elementary school memories were at his bedroom discussing when, will I actually cry or is there a cure for his butterfingers (his palms used to be sweaty all the time). We were the perfect misfits.

I managed to survive the middle school with him. when Butter's dad passed away on a accident. It was a very hard time for him. And I made sure, I was always next to him to make himself feel better and believe there is always someone on his side. We were too young to make any consolations. But I just knew I had to be there.

He had this weird habit of asking, "will you hold my hand bro?".

I guess its cause his hand would sweat often and others thought its weird of him, he would bury his hand often inside the long sleeves, so no one could see. But I never hesitated on that, which would always put a smile in his face. He felt safe sharing his insecurities with me, isn't that what friends are for to feel comfortable around.

And how can I forget her.

Max. She was the twin sister of butters and oh my god was she the prettiest. She was the only girl I had ever spoken to in my whole elementary. I really liked her back then. She was always with us always. And she hated us, I thought so. She hated us both. She thought I was weird for hanging out with butters all the time and his brother was absurd. She was a queen of her own palace. She didn't have a lot of friends, but that never really bothered her. That was another reason I loved to stay with butters, I could always see max. And just like that 5 years passed.

It was the day before Christmas. Butters and I were busy making note of the gifts we wanted. It was past 9, butters had left to help his mom with Christmas tree as I was redoing activities for us to do in holidays, and that's when she entered. Max, she came over to the room and spoke to me for the first time by herself. It took 5 years for this to happen, and there she was all excited asking me all about our Christmas gifts.