Chapter 5

We were late for the exam the next day, but we did get inside. The exam wasn't bad, I did complete it 20mins early. I came out of the hall, while my eyes searching for my roommates. I could see Broodie moving away.

"How did it go bruh?", I enquired.

"Ehh. It was okay..", he replied.

He was sleepy and heading toward the room, mike had left for band rehearsals and I couldn't find Kyle anywhere.

I went on to attend my remaining classes. The last hour was free, I headed to library to fetch some notes for the assignments. I didn't want to get alone. so I sat opposite to this girl with specs. Yeah I'm gonna sit there. She stared at me as I sat down. I smiled back to be nice, she shushed me back.

But I didn't make any noise.

She didn't seem to care. Well I had work to do and I started making notes.

*beep* A notification sound came and she started staring at me again. It wasn't me I was hand signalling her, no one calls me, I smiled.

*beep* *beep* and two more notification sounds popped up.

Ok it is me; I quickly put my phone in silence, got under the table and checked the notification. It was mike,

*meet up in junction cafe at 5.*

*Tell Kyle and Broodie too.*

*How was the xm btw?*

The girl was still staring me and was a bit concerned this time.

"You don't have to hide your phone and use, putting in silent is enough", she whispered.

"Ehh.. Do u know where the junction cafe is by any chance", I smiled back.

It was 5.10 already, I was heading to the cafe and yeah spec girl didn't tell the address, Kyle texted me the place. Broodie and Kyle were already there. Mike was late and we were waiting for him in the dining. The cafe was quite full, my friends were busy nosing through their phone, while I kept looking at the door for mike.

Aarghh, I was bored waiting for mike, I slightly tilted my head at Kyle. There was someone he was talking to. Her hair was blocking my view, She kept adjusting that hair and my eyes were searching to meet hers.

Well hello there. Who are you? High heeled boots with leg crossed, maybe an average college student. Bracelets on hand that tangle, you do like little attention.

Okay.

One hand in air explaining something vividly important, while the other tries to clear your face. You sound soft, maybe too kind for this place. You didn't have any ear rings. edgy. Big brown eyes, that keep blinking, what are you seeking and pale clean face, too much to be sun kissed. Exactly as I expected.

Why am I examining her.

A small scar barely visible on your forehead, which you don't care to show off.....shit.

I could see flashbacks, that scar.

Butters. Is she Max?

I remember that face clearly; she has just gotten more beautiful. I was too scared to be mistaken, but hopeful enough to keep staring at her. She didn't even notice me. I kept tapping my feet in anxiety, I wish I could have a breakdown here itself to get her attention. It felt like town all of the sudden, the atmosphere everything. I knew it was her. I just have to tell her.