Chapter 4

Finally...... I said to myself and with great courage, I went on to knock the room, it was literally the last room on the aisle and the two rooms next to it were empty. This has to be the perfect place, it'll be more silent and peaceful said my inner voice as I was waiting at the door to open.

A sweaty half naked guy with the most ripped abs I had ever seen in my entire life was standing in front of me.

"New roommate", he shouted as he hugged me inside. A white skinny dood arranging beer bottles waved a hand at me.

"That's Broodie", said the shirtless skinny guy who just hugged me for no reason.

"And this is mosey I mean Mike", he shrugged. There was mike staring at my eyes judging every inch of me,

"and I'm Kyle", finished the shirtless guy.

"I'm Justin", I introduced.

Top bunk pointed Broodie.

"Well guys actually, I'm a bit claustropho...", I started.

"I'm not giving up the lower. Nopee. No way", Shouted Mike.

"I'm already in top bunk, sorry", raised Kyle.

"Well mate there is no way I'm leaving lower too, sorry", said Broodie.

"It's okay. I'll get used to it.", I replied as I start to examine the room it felt like the room had two sides, one side having half eaten canned food, mostly instant noodles I could see, with chip bags covering the entire shelf, on the other end weight bars, of course of Kyle's with drum set used as dining for some reason.

"Why did u move thou", asked Kyle.

"I kind off sleep walk, and my roommates freaked out",

"No shit you sleepwalk", laughed Broodie.

"And I kinda shouted while sleep walking moreover I don't remember any of it."

"Damn, that's spooky. We are the same, drink until u can't feel your body and don't remember a shit of it the next day." joked Broodie.

This felt normal, at least a bit of what I expected college to be. They weren't that bad, It took few days for me to settle in understand them and they didn't give a shit about me, still we became good friends. Broodie always had some joke to say and Kyle was normal, He started wearing shirts more often and was a bit more self concerned I guess. He would never let anyone touch his phone, very possessive about his stuff. Mike was never really around; he was the drummer for the college band and would spend most of his time with band people.

A month passed. We had our first set of exams lined up. Everyone had to give their best as this was our first college exam and we were quite serious about it. I had a habit to make notes and for Broodie it was more than enough to just look at my notes. He didn't even care to open any actual books. Mike was pretty focused, he kinda skipped the classes in order to complete the portions for the exam. Kyle was just smacking his head to pass.

That was the night before the last exam. It was past 11 and Broodie was half way asleep. I had just started on the final chapter, Kyle was murmuring the same line again and again, calling it memorizing and flash.

Lights off.

It was a power cut. We could hear the screams of whole hostel becoming animals in a second, it was all over in about 20mins and still no hope of lights. Everyone was furious and we were fed up staring at the dark.