Chapter 6

So yeah, I was an asshole and the worst part, I didn't know I was one. I forgot to pick her up for the party and now it's again awkward for me to face her. How can a person mess things up soo badly. I can't make up a lie again.

I guess I'll just tell her what happened, brutal honesty.

Or.. I'll go late, yeah I will go after the show make up some up reason. Perfect, I couldn't believe I was gonna miss max performing but yeah that was the price to pay for my stupidity. I returned to my room to kill some time maybe rest, I could see Broodie going to terrace, while going to the room. This guy always sneaks around, I'll surprise him, I took a beer bottle and climbed up. I couldn't find him up anywhere; the terrace was awfully quite unlike that day. I could see someone sitting at the edge of the parapet.

"Broodie is that you", I asked.

he got off the edge. I could see him freaking out. trying to shook something off of his hand and it fell right in my legs, a syringe.

"Are you?."

Before I could ask, I saw his eyes tearing up. Sit down he said. I sat next to him.

"Was that opium?", I asked.

He nodded.

"How long?", I asked

"Three years", he replied.

"So this is what you used to sneak out for. Late night works, insomnia, all was a cover up."

"What are you doing here?", he tried to distract.

"I bought you beer, I thought I would surprise you, what else"

"Mm. Give it then", he smiled.

"Why Broodie", I asked.

"There's always a reasons. Ain't there.", he smiled.

"Nobody, simply does opium", I replied.

"My parents got divorced four years ago, my dad got the custody of me, I hated him from the start, this was the only way, I could be with him, in the same room"

"It started little, but yeah. I guess I'm an addict now", he replied.

"You are doing opium, just because you hate your dad", I was shocked.

"I don't need to tell you everything, there are stuff okay", he completed.

"Only opium?", I asked.

"Opium and coke. I was clean for 6 months. Kyle helped me through rehab, I just couldn't help it. Don't tell him, please."

"How did you know just by looking at the syringe?, you never even been in a high school right", he enquired.

"Yeah I did go someplace more. Med school I have seen almost 10 cases of opium."

"No one survived Broodie".

"Well your brother is hardcore, Just this pressure of college everything. I'll leave it soon for sure. I'm a survivor Justin, from rehab".

"Trust me on this Justin".

"Mm. Kyle believes you Broodie, just always remember that".