Chapter13 Part1

Neva was standing in the large serving room, her face very tense, looking anxiously toward the entrance, waiting ... 

While Birk was nervously stepping back and forth and looking outside through the big windows !

He mumbled nervously :

"Of course ! I knew it ! I keep telling him but he doesn't listen to me !
Since this morning he hasn't given himself a minute's rest ! Ah my stubborn friend !
For two days already he has been running from one place to another ! I can't do anything about it ! His head is harder than a wall !"

Neva's distressed face tensed up even more and spoke in a sorry voice :

"This is all my fault Birk ! In spite of all my good will to not bring him any troubles ... yet every time he suffers a lot because of me ..."

Berk turned to her in dismay :

"But come on my dear ! What are you saying !
It's not your fault that this boy is a big, stubborn mule !
He's always been like that anyway !
No way to stop him when he gets something in his head ! Don't be sad, Neva ! And don't ever say you're hurting him again ! Alp would certainly be very angry to hear you say that !"

"And after all it's certainly because of Emir that his state worsened ! As you told me he patted him in his wound !
And really i would not be surprised if he did it on purpose ! He came to visit Alp this morning and I saw how much he was furious when he left his room ..."

Neva lowered her head sadly remembering the whole scene with Emir ...

Birk looking at her sad face with a caring eye retorted trying to ease the atmosphere :

"Neva ! Listen ! in the end ... it's not that bad what happened ! Alp must be very happy that he could bring you your daughter ! and it's all what matter to him now !"

"As Yağmur told us, the little kid gave in to come with him because she saw him in such a terrible state ! Otherwise he would be still stuck for hours trying to convince her, and like i know him he would never give up despite his condition ! ...
finallly his wrecked back served well ... don't you think so ?"
He added with a little smile trying to tease her ...

But Neva protested with a sorry face :

"But Berk !! May God forgive you ! How can you say that ! Alp ... I mean Alp bey doesn't deserve to suffer at all !
Especially not for me and my daughter !"