Ms Sunshine & Mr Midnight Rain

Felix pov

Just like a ray of sunshine, she always brightens up my gloomy days. Every time when her lips curled into a smile her eyes never leave mine, she adds another reason for me to live. It is true life becomes much more valuable when you are with the right person. I couldn't have thanked her enough for existing.

"Haa!"

"Argh! Gosh, (y/n), I almost spilt my tea." She giggled as she rest her head on my shoulder. "Eh, you told me you're good at the fight." I let out a sigh. "It's only for self-defence. Stop giving me that look or-

"Or what? Are you going to do something to me??" She always knows when to push the button. "I'm always ready but, the question is are you?" Her smile turned into a smirk. "Hold on," I said, while she was still clinging to me like a koala bear.

"I'll call you back."

"Wait, is it about the job interview? You've been quiet ever since that day..." She asked, as she gets down and lean near the table. "Yeah... Trust me, you'll be the first one to know. I got the job but, we probably need to take a plane to see each other."

"Oh and the company you're going to work with, where's-

"London."

"That's quite... Far. Will you be alright? I'm totally okay with the long-distance relationship but, it's quite exhausting for us. I had to leave NYC and stay in Paris every Christmas, while you, going back and forth from NYC to Sydney..."

"When it comes to you, it's not. You know it's always been you since day one." I pulled her into a hug and bury my head in her neck. I don't want this moment to end. I just want to stay here forever with her. "You know that I love you."

"I know." She replied, trying to reassure me. I know that she's worried that we probably don't have time to see each other often. Even I myself, am not ready for what's to come.

"Come here, I'll give you a kiss."

"No, no, no."

"Come back here!! (y/n)!"

****

"Welcome back." I didn't expect to see her, but it breaks my heart every time I remember I wasn't there when her dad passed away. So reckless of me, to send her the voice note of things I shouldn't say.

"Your mum called me yesterday."

"Felix!" I turned around and see, it was Ash. Ash and I are currently seeing each other. I start to feel bad I forgot to tell (y/n) she's going to fetch me up at the airport."You can go with her. Don't forget to drop by and get your stuff."

"I'll go with you."

"No, it's fine. She probably has been waiting for hours. I'm here just to see you, for one last time..."

"I don't want you to find out this way."

"I don't blame you for moving on, Felix. At least, things work out for you. Your mum has already found out about us. We can drop the act now. If we meet again in another life, I hope we only pass by one another and never see each other again."

***

Your pov

If there's a time machine, I would go back and change everything. I have come to the term, not everything we've planned comes out perfectly. Never have I thought, I would see the day of seeing us drift apart and back as strangers. The voice note. The way his voice cracks before he starts sobbing. I was so full of myself until I didn't realise I am the reason he was stuck in the same place. Letting go of someone you love isn't always hurtful. It could be, that's the best thing to do, to let them be free and finally find their own home. Sometimes, it's not you who they belong to but the person that has been waiting for their whole life for them to come around.

'It's not always about you, darling.'