In The Getaway Car

Today marks our third anniversary. "It's almost 8 pm, but where is she?" I looked over at the parking spot, her car isn't there. It could be she's going to work overtime but why she didn't even at least me?

"I'm sorry I'm late..." I realised that I was half asleep. "Hey, it's okay. Your hair, it's kinda messy... "

"Right, give me a moment." She takes her scrunchie from her pouch bag and ties her hair up. "You look... Hmm, tired?? Are you sick?" She looked around. "Low down your voice. People probably thought I caught a covid."

"Okay, then. But, where's your bag?" 

"Shit, I left them in the elevator." There is no way she's doing that with someone. Gosh, I hate my dirty mind and the excessive jealousy that I have when she comes back from work. She looks like she just went through a hurricane.

"Elevator?"

"Yea, the electricity sorta, went out while I was in the elevator..."

"Ohh..."

"Have you ordered anything?" She tries to change the topic. "No, I'm waiting for you. But, it's getting late... Maybe we should go home."

I'm glad that she came but, all she did was look at her phone as if she was waiting for the screen to light up. Within these months, she has been secretive and what is she hiding this time from me?

"Let's go. Let me give you a piggyback."

She gets up on me and put her arms around my shoulder. "Where's your car?" She asked. "Still in the workshop... I was wondering why you're taking a lift. Did the car break down?"

"Yeah... Thank god, Levi didn't go home." Levi? The name does ring a bell. Is she going back to him again? "I, can we stop for a second?" She added.

"Sure." I quickly take the box from my blazer pocket. "Do you remember when we rent this motel? We're both, just two reckless carefree teenagers and the funny thing is that we thought love can solve everything."

"(y/n). I am scared that you're going to stand me up. You're flustered, a few buttons missing and your skirt was half-zipped. Are you going, to be honest, this time or you're going to indulge the bullet?  Am I just another getaway, to distract you from what he did to you ?"

"Y-yes. Seungmin, you bring out the best in me in-

"Enough! I know, you're trying to find a reason to leave me. I get it, feelings fade, and people change but, cheating isn't the answer. I'm not mad at you, for choosing him over me, but how could you leave me when you just tore my heart with your bare hands?"

"No, stop. I-

"I guess, we betray each other, sabotaging our relationship. I guess I was right, nothing lasts when we choose to be this way, (y/n). I'll be gone, for good."

Seungmin pov

It took me almost four years to realise she has been tolerating me, not loving me. She's not the person I used to know, she is a whole new person that I didn't even know. Even if I already knew I am nothing but only her rebound, it still feels like she stabbed me right in front of me and twist the knife in my heart.

I may still have a love for her, but I wouldn't let her walk all over me again.