Right Where You Left Me

Lee Know pov

Don't you find it scary at any moment could be your last? I always had this thought in the back of my mind. I guess it'll always haunt me forever even if I do believe fate will step in and change everything.

"Minho." I woke up to a familiar voice. I slowly open my eyes, hoping that it is not a ghost. (y/n), She's already lying next to me and runs her fingers through my hair. I glanced at the clock and it was only 4 am. It turns out I was all alone in the room."Was it all just a dream?"

I heard a knock on the door.

"Wait a moment."

I open the door and see her, cover up with a blanket. Her eyes were red, and she looks nothing like herself. "What happens?"

"I got kicked out by my housemates."

"For god sake... It's freezing. How dare they did this to you? Don't tell me you have no place to stay?" She still had her head held down, scared to look up. She is probably scared I am going to scold her. "I don't. You know that I have no one." She said, almost whispering.

"Come in, go wash up. and I will give you the clothes later." I lend her my sweatshirt after knowing that she came only with her phone. It's almost one hour since we're sitting on the sofa yet she is still sobbing and blowing her nose. 

"Do you mind if we go to the diner at this hour??"

"Oh, okay." I take my car keys from the drawer and I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Minho, do you have the heating pad?" She asked. "No, but maybe we'll try to find one later. Do you want me to warm you up?"

 "Here,"  I said. She was confused at first but she gives in as I embrace her in my arms. I notice that she calms down from being anxious a moment ago.

"Milkshake, we're coming!"

****

"But, why? Why me?"

"It's because you're you. I don't think I need another reason... I genuinely enjoy your company."

"What if I am just your illusion?" The sentence echoes and my head spun, as if it's going to explode at any second. "No, you're real to me."

I slowly open my eyes, refusing to believe what she just said. But, there's no one sitting in front of me. "Where is she? No, no..." I looked around and found everyone staring at me with some of them rushing out to leave the diner.

"Bet he's on ecstasy." One of them said. I quickly check my phone as I scroll through the messages. "The number out of service?" Then, at that moment, I realised it'd been 5 months ever since she got into the accident. The one that I have been seeing isn't her but, the ghost of her. 

"Shit. Am I going crazy?"

How can I feel her presence when she is still in a coma? Why do I keep forgetting about the accident? How do we end up this way?

Minho pov

Why is it so hard to accept that she's not going to wake up anytime soon? It feels like I will be forever living blaming myself for not stopping the car when she told me to. Now, I am sitting in the corner, with people wondering if I lost my mind.

If you hear this (y/n), please find your way back to me. I'll be waiting for you, here.