August, Summer '09

Changbin pov

 I am back in my hometown after leaving to chase after my dream. I love it gives the same feeling just like before. 

"(y/n)."

"You're here!" I can't believe I get to see my girl again. Her hair is longer now and the way she keeps twirling around, makes me fall for her even more. "Thanks for coming. I thought no one was going to pick me up..." I said. "Come on, I missed you so much."

"So, are we heading to the beach?"

"Of course!"

"Any plans?" I asked. "Tons, why? But, I have to help my mum tonight. The cafe is getting busier ever since you left."

"Really? Tomorrow, then?" She smiled, and throw the key at me. "Made a new spare key. You lost them, right??"

"Yeah, sorry." I shrugged, and she lifted the luggage as she put them in the bonnet. "I can do that myself." She placed her finger on my lip. "Be my guest." We both get in the car. She put the radio at the blast, singing our hearts out to our favourite songs.

We talked and laughed, just like in old times. Although it has been 5 years, she is still the same but, me? A lot of things have changed me. "I heard that you got a fiancèe." I choked on the water.

"Where did you hear that nonsense? We're still in our get-to-know phase... Nothing serious, not yet maybe?"

"Your mum. That sounds nice..." I knew it."I'm going out with her tonight." I added as if I'm putting salt in her wound. "Oh." She lowered the volume before she pulled up in front of my house.

"See you tomorrow..."

****

"May I, miss?" I asked. "You, I thought it was some creepy old man." I let out a small chuckle. "Don't worry, I'll kick him in his nut."

"Don't do that for real, okay? I don't want you to see you get in jail."

"Can I, I don't know how to put this into words... Were the 3 years, meant nothing to you?" I try to avoid this but, running away from unresolved issues will never make my mind at ease.

"No, we keep things private. But, that doesn't mean I don't love you..."

"Private? It feels like I am your secret lover. No one knows we're together, and you know what's hurt the most, you're in a relationship with another girl that genuinely wants to be with you."

"I told you, (y/n). Give me time to make things right."

"To end the relationship with her?"

"Yeah, I don't love her, okay? I was forced to be in this so-called arranged engagement. I don't think I can be with her while my heart still entangled with yours, (y/n)..."

"I swear, you're sane. You don't know what it feels like... I feel trapped, Changbin. It's either we end this relationship or you'll lose me forever.

"I can't do that."

It's not as easy as she thought it would be. "Fine, fine." She takes off the necklace I bought for our first anniversary. "Don't ever do the same mistake twice and break her heart after you bled mine." She said, before leaving me still on my knees, begging for her to not leave me. 

Changbin pov

That was the day I lost the love of my life, my forever, soulmate. We have reached the deep end, but, I will forever blame myself for not even trying. She was my lifeline for as long as I live. I realised I took her for granted, and now, all I know is I'll never get to see her again.