The king of the garden

"Fairy tales survive time. They're stories craved in the walls and whispered to the stars."

I curl up on the spaceship's floor. My head spins. My thoughts clash, they repel and attract each other in an endless battle. My whole body aches and pulses. My rigid muscles burn. My heart hammers in my ears. I'm cold. I'm lost. I don't know what I've to feel anymore. Do I have to be angry or is it sadness what I should be feeling right now?

I don't care. I don't care where I am. I don't care where they are bringing me or what'll happen to me. My gaze stays focused on the hospital-like floor. I don't dare searching for their murderous silhouettes nor I'm curious about this floating thing I'm on. But, it's freezing. The lights are blinding white and distant - nothing like the sun's warm rays. 

At least Calysta is secure in Earth's peaceful heaven. He'll grow fine and healthy and live a long life in a sweet quiet. He'll be crowned the king of the most beautiful garden, but he'll be alone. I left him alone in what had to be our world. They - who called themselves his friends - condemned him to an eternity of silence and loneliness.

And when you're abandoned by everyone, even the garden with delicate flowers and slender trees is going to feel like a prison. The butterflies, the ocean, the snow and the little ants, they'll be part of a mute world. An unbreakable cage that's frightening for its perfect beauty. A chimeric reality which is bound to drive you crazy. I'm sorry, Calysta.

"Ehl ast ferghen len uvel ut kiel sakrir, ehl ast marci vsicko" (She hasn't moved from the corner and keeps bleeding, she's going to dirty everything) one of them scoffs. I flinch. My arms hug my knees harder, my muscles tense and my mouth dries.

"Ehl ast chisti prod"(She'll clean it later) a stern voice states. I try to stay still as wet shivers run down my spine. "Zachto? Ion ubivam ehl uiwu, ehl ast molsca. Boblechka chena ubiva Calysta, vedek ubiva alti rep pirko slopa justo rep pravi" (Why? We should kill her here, she's just a nuisance. That pest even murdered Calysta, does she have to kill others to make you realize what's the right thing to do?) the first speaker pressures. The gentle and refined intonation I was used to listening to is thick with disgust, rage and agony. You were really a weird alien Calysta, why couldn't the others have your same kindness instead of the striking features?

"Uhmmm. Ast pravi thas uesto out no ast zachoto ast pobedi out" (Uhm, are you sure that the reason why you want to kill it isn't because it defeated you) a third alien singsongs. He mocks his comrade, it's fun for him, but what is the price that I've to pay? Well, why shouldn't he? "Ehl no vedek" (She didn't) the same anger-filled voice snaps. Is it Sunset? It has to be him. 

"Ihl cordist srewigl -"(I remember otherwise - ) 

"Ehl ast belola ut no sperta" (She's much weaker and inexperienced) Sunset barks and I hear someone getting up. However no one comes in my direction. "Mah, Ast ast celorte ut uasi ubiva utzad tuor fienad" (But, it's quicker. It almost stabbed you from behind) the playful words echo in the quiet spaceship.

"Ihl senop nihl ubiva ehl, sechto"(I think we should kill her, too) a new voice whispers and I feel a heavy and disturbing gaze caress all my wounds. Two eyes are pressing down my figure. My stomach rolls and I bend to vomit blood and saliva. "Ehl ast grosna rep blossom houses ut belola rep nante verolo" (She's too ugly to work in the blossom houses and too weak to do the hard labor) the same alien murmurs. My nose starts bleeding as an incredible down force crushes me. My head aches. My ears ring loudly. Sobs and whimpers escape my mouth as my fingers try to stop the pain. The migraine gets worse as time passes.

"Ehl ast veglia"(She didn't faint) is the first thing I manage to hear over the loud buzzing. A pair of black shoes are waiting in front of me. However, I can't move away - my eyelids feel heavy, my head throbs and my nostrils burn as I breathe in. I'm cold but at the same time I sweat. Did they agree on killing me?