A dove's feather

I done did things that I regret
I done said things I can't take back
Was a lost soul at a crossroad who had no hope but I changed that
I spent years of my life holdin' on to things I never should've kept, full of hatred
Years of my life carryin' a lot of baggage that I should've walked away from
Years of my life wishin' I was someone different, lookin' for some validation
Years of my life tryna fill the void, pretending I was in
They get it

HOPE - NF

Orion's Point of View

I feel weightless, as light as a feather twirling in the heavenly sky. A burning body warms my skin, but it doesn't hurt. It's pleasant, almost addicting, like the crackling fire in winter. The very fire that I eagerly watched dancing. I used to sit near it and stretch my arms so much that my fingers could touch the tongues of flame. The soothing music and lulling movements kept me awake for hours. 

It was my favorite pastime: reading my book wrapped in a woven blanket with the flames coloring my complexion. I liked the boiling feeling itching on my frozen skin, just as much as I loved showering with hot water. In summer I used to put a bucket of water outside, the sun slowly heated it and a little bit after lunch time I had my hot bath. I'd give the world to have that privilege the whole year, but... But I can't dream of it anymore. 

Because. Because there's nothing left on Earth. I'm not on Earth. 

I snap my eyes open. A soft and cozy fabric brushes my cheek and caresses my exposed arms. Fear runs down my spine, however I can't move a muscle. Pain radiates from every fiber of my body. My head hummers heavily, my nostrils burn and my body aches. I see stars exploding in the corner of my eye.

"Did it wake" a joyful voice asks and laughter rumbles against my temple. I tense before desperately trying to move away. Slender fingers tighten their hold on my waist, thick saliva blocks my whimpers and cries. I want to free myself from his hold. My muscles burn as my body is devoured by a painful fire. He lets me go and I crash on the hard floor, unable to stand on my feet. 

I hear snickering over my ringing ears. My body trembles in terror. My head spins, my nostrils burn with each breath, every bone hammers in pain... Awful crusts cover my skin.

"We're almost there" Goldilocks says before standing up from the sofa. He walks away with a satisfied smirk stretching on his angular face. The melodic voice echoes in the huge open space. I hug my knees as fresh tears fill my eyes. 

Why? Why did they not allow me to die? This is what all of us want, why did they have to save me? Calysta, I am so tired. Why me? My head spins, my sight goes black as I collapse on the freezing floor. The awful ringing quiets down and the pain lifts. 

I curl into fetal position, hoping to disappear inside of the huge t-shirt. To drown so deeply that even if I'll open my eyes, all I'd see will be black. 

A heart-tearing scream wakes me up. I crouch as a house tramples on my quivering body, and the agonizing cry pierces my eardrums again and again. Tears wet my face and collect into a puddle. And soon, blood dirties the crystal-clear water. The high-pitched scream dies-down as my throat  burns and aches. 

A sharp pain in the stomach steals all the air from my lungs. My body is sent flying across the room and I hear a couple of my bones crack as I land abruptly. I roll over and over as whimpers burn throughout my dry throat. 

"I'll sew your lips if you don't shut up, pest. I've had enough of you" someone above me hisses causing me to shrink in myself. But I can't stop myself from crying, it's like giants are stepping all over me. My nose keeps bleeding, whilst tears blur my sight "I told you to stay quiet, didn't I" a stain of red appears among the hospital-like landscape.